The Real Reason Barry is on Steroids

&

6741_RedickvPAcific.JPG

My Final Four predictions

------------------

Free For All

Written By Robert Littal

ed-187x184.jpg

Free Agency starting at 12:01 am Saturday morning and it his been nonstop signings ever

since. I will keep a running standing on the major free agent signings and resignings everyday

until all the big names have been signed, so be sure to check back daily. I used a very simple

rating program it is a 1-5 system. 5 would be considered a Reggie White type signing and a 1

would be considered a Peerless Price type signing.

March 13th, 2006

Adam Archuleta signs with Washington Redskins terms not disclosed:

Terms weren't disclosed, but we know Archuleta received 10 million in guarantees which is

a ludicrous amount of money for the slower less effective version of Roy Williams. Archuleta

couldn't cover a 75 year old man. Now the Redskins have two safeties (Sean Taylor being the

other one) who hit hard, but are not the most discipline of players when it comes to coverage.

Another horrible signing by the Redskins.

Final Rating: 1 1/2

Mike Anderson signs with Baltimore Ravens 4 years 8 million:

This signals the end of the Jamal Lewis era in Baltimore. Low risk deal for the Ravens and

Anderson is servicable, nothing special about this signing except it gives the Ravens a tough

nose back with some experience.

Final Rating: 2 1/2

David Thornton signs with Tennessee Titans 5 years 22.5 million:

Thornton is a young and active LB who will help the Titans D. The deal is a good deal on

both sides that doesn't cripple the salary cap in future years for the Titans which was a problem

they had before when they signed free agents.

Final Rating: 4

March 12, 2006

Edgerrin James signs with Arizona Cardinals 4 years 30 million:

The media would like you to believe that Drew Rosenhaus is a bad agent, but he got his

client more money in the first 3 years of his deal than Shaun Alexander (Alexander will never

see the money in the last 4 years of his deal). So while they are making jokes, Drew is getting

his clients paid. James is the perfect back for Denny Green’s offensive system, but unless they

get that O-Line straighten out they will be wasting money on Edge. If they get their line squared

away, I think Edge has a huge year running in the NFC West and the Colts will regret not trying

to resign him.

Final Rating: 4 1/2

Antwaan Randle El signs with Washington Redskins 6 years 31 million:

Randle El has just made the biggest mistake of his life. He had an offer on the table from

the Bears for 6 years and 18 million (8 million guaranteed) that he should have taken. I know

what you are thinking, “Are you smoking Rob? Would you turn down an extra 13 million

dollars?”. Not if it was guaranteed, but NFL contracts are not guaranteed and the chances El

gets all 31 million are remote. The Redskins gave El 10 million in guarantees, so in essence for

2 million more he chose the Redskins and is destine to be the next Peerless Price.

Final Rating: 1

Will Witherspoon signs with Saint Louis Rams 6 years 33 million:

Unlike the signing of Corey Chavous and LaRoi Glover who are both way past their prime

this is an excellent signing for the Rams, even though I would have been hesitant to give

Witherspoon 15 million in guaranteed money. Witherspoon does the one thing the Rams

linebackers haven’t done in years. He tackles.

Final Rating: 4

LeCharles Bentley signs with Cleveland Browns 6 years 36 million:

The premiere offensive lineman on the market who has been rumored for weeks to be

headed to the Eagles, ends up in Cleveland. I like what Romeo and Phil Savage are doing.

Doesn’t matter how great your skill positions are if your O-Line is weak. Great pickup for the

Browns.

Final Rating: 5

Joe Jurevicius signs with Cleveland Browns terms not disclosed:

Another solid signing by the Browns who are revamping their team with quality and quantity

in free agency. Jurevicius is the classic possession receiver who comes up big when the

pressure is on. Looking for him to be a solid #3.

Final Rating: 3 ½

Ted Washington signs with Cleveland Browns 2 years 7 million:

For the money that they are giving him, this is a low risk, high reward signing for the

Browns. Washington is on his last legs, but if he can stay healthy and come to camp in decent

shape, he can give the Browns a solid run stuffer on 1st and 2nd down. It is obvious that

Romeo and Phil Savage and trying to shore up both sides of the line scrimmage.

Final Rating: 2 ½ with the possibility of going up to 3 ½ if Washington lays off the

Popeye’s Chicken.

Bart Scott resigns with Baltimore Ravens 3 years 13.5 million:

If you don’t know who Bart Scott is, he is the guy who replaced Ray Lewis after he got hurt

and played exceptional in the final 10 games of the season. Good deal for both the Ravens

and Scott. Makes me wonder if this is the first move in regards to getting Ray Lewis out of

Baltimore after this season.

Final Rating: 4 for the new Ray Ray

March 11, 2006

Deshaun Foster resigns with Carolina Panthers 3 years 14.5 million:

Great move if he stays healthy, but seriously does anyone really thinks he is going to stay

healthy? I like Foster as a RB, but he is brittle and has never proven that he can stay in one

piece for an entire season.

Final Rating: 2 with the potential for a 4 if he can stay healthy

Trevor Pryce signs with Baltimore Ravens for 5 years 25 million:

I think the Ravens overpaid for Pryce, but they were desperate for D Line help, to allow

their linebackers to run free. I think Pryce is past his prime and 10 million in guarantees were

too much for him, when a cheaper, younger and possibly better alternative was out there.

Final Rating: 2 1/2

Ron Dayne resigns with Denver Broncos for 3 years terms not disclosed:

Pretty low risk deals for both parties, the Broncos have promised Dayne a chance to start,

but remember whom we are talking about.

Chester Taylor signs with Minnesota Vikings for 4 years 14.1 million:

The history of #2 backs that go to other teams to be the #1 RB has about a 60/40-success

rate. The only thing that concerns me about Taylor is that he is a lot like Melwede Moore and

Michael Bennett. I really thought that the Vikings would get more of a hammer of a back, but

that doesn’t really fit Brad Childress offensive philosophy.

Final Rating: 3

Koren Robinson signs with Minnesota Vikings 3 years 12.7 million:

I believe that Robinson could have gotten more money, but considering that he was a

drunk in jail at the beginning of last year and the Vikings bailed him out (no pun intended) so to

speak, I can understand Robinson giving them a discount. Robinson has the potential if his

head is on straight to be a #1 receiver in the league.

Final Rating: 4 if he stays off the E & J

Brandon Lloyd traded to Washington Redskins for 3rd and 4th round pick:

The Redskins have no interest in the paying draft picks this year considering their salary

cap situation, but a 3rd and 4th round pick still seems a little steep for Lloyd. The book is still

out on Lloyd, he has been known to make the spectacular play every now and then, but also

disappear for games at a time. Then again he was playing in San Francisco, were the QB

situation has been atrocious for the last 2 years. He has some Freddie Mitchell in him (big talk,

small game) ,so we will see if the change of scenery does him well.

Message Truncated For Entire Story Click Here

. I used a very simple

rating program it is a 1-5 system. 5 would be considered a Reggie White type signing and a 1

would be considered a Peerless Price type signing.

March 13th, 2006

Adam Archuleta signs with Washington Redskins terms not disclosed:

Terms weren't disclosed, but we know Archuleta received 10 million in guarantees which is

a ludicrous amount of money for the slower less effective version of Roy Williams. Archuleta

couldn't cover a 75 year old man. Now the Redskins have two safeties (Sean Taylor being the

other one) who hit hard, but are not the most discipline of players when it comes to coverage.

Another horrible signing by the Redskins.

Antwaan Randle El signs with Washington Redskins 6 years 31 million:

Randle El has just made the biggest mistake of his life. He had an offer on the table from

the Bears for 6 years and 18 million (8 million guaranteed) that he should have taken. I know

what you are thinking, “Are you smoking Rob? Would you turn down an extra 13 million

dollars?”. Not if it was guaranteed, but NFL contracts are not guaranteed and the chances El

gets all 31 million are remote. The Redskins gave El 10 million in guarantees, so in essence for

2 million more he chose the Redskins and is destine to be the next Peerless Price.

Final Rating: 1

Brandon Lloyd traded to Washington Redskins for 3rd and 4th round pick:

The Redskins have no interest in the paying draft picks this year considering their salary

cap situation, but a 3rd and 4th round pick still seems a little steep for Lloyd. The book is still

out on Lloyd, he has been known to make the spectacular play every now and then, but also

disappear for games at a time. Then again he was playing in San Francisco, were the QB

situation has been atrocious for the last 2 years. He has some Freddie Mitchell in him (big talk,

small game) ,so we will see if the change of scenery does him well.

Message Truncated For Entire Story Click Here

I sense hate.....:mad:

Archived