Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft upcoming, revisit 05.. Rogers or Williams?

LWC

With the draft upcoming (not that we have many to pick from anyways ;) ), look back on last years crop. It was a huge debate whether the Redskins made the right choice by selecting Rogers over an offensive player, since the offense was simply dreadful, and by some draft guru experts.. Mike Williams was the #1 player left on the board. We all know what happened. While you can't make an absolulte judgement call off one season, do you think the Redskins made the correct choice?

I do.

:point2sky

I remember when the Vikings took Williamson my friends and I went nuts because we thought Williams would be out pick. I was completely bummed and depressed the rest of the day. I should have known better, Gibbs is God!

Very happy with Carlos. Sure he made his rookie mistakes but the guy really impressed me with his talent.

I was at the draft day party and all you heard were boos and why not Merriman or Williams. Me in my mind i din't like the pick because i knew that there was this Lavar Speculation so Merriman would have been great. I wasn't happy for the pick but think about it Carlos Rodgers was the best rookie corner in the whole draft last year. So yes great pickup and he will be a solid player for a long time coming.

I was kinda dissappointed at first. But we needed a corner back and one of his talent would have been hard to find later on in the draft. Plus Williams didn't do much last year and I believe could be a bust. At least we have a growing talent in Rogers, who I think could be like DeAngelo Hall from Atlanta. Young corner who will elevate his game to another level.

The Rogers pick was the right one. Mike Williams is not a bust yet, but I don't think he will ever be more than a nice third down and red zone target. Merriman would not have been a good fit for our defense, he is not much more than a pass rusher and would not be that good outside the 3-4.

Archived