Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question: For those that wanted TO, NOW are you satisfied?

skinsarethebest

Here's a question for those of you on the board that were on the TO bandwagon...

and I have to confess that, though not in the diehard PRO-TO camp, part of me thought it would be amazing to have his talent on this team

BUT now with the signing of Lloyd and Randle El, I think the Skins have really gotten the best of both worlds -- in fact, I was just thinking how, putting aside all the unknown stuff such as character, from a purely objective point of view of playmaking potential, the COMBINATION of LLOYD PLUS A.R.E. is actually even better than what we would have gotten from just TO alone...

Basically, I'm in Cloud 9 -- and yet again, the Skins FO have proven how they can find creative ways to do what needs to be done...

So going back to this thread, and it's directed primarily at those who really wanted TO to be a Skin, what do you think: Lloyd + Randle El > T.O.?

And again, I'm focusing just on the sheer offensive potential, as if you could somehow filter out the character issues and just evaluate these players from a talent perspective -- I think even on that count, we still came out ahead

:point2sky :point2sky :point2sky

I like what we have better honestly. I was on the TO bandwagon for about 5 minutes. Then thought about it some more and realized we are far better off with quality in greater numbers then one great wr (assuming he didn't screw up our team chemestry).

i was a big supporter of T.O. and still am for the guys pure talent. but im happy with what we have done now. so yes, i am now satisfied.

but more than anything i just didnt want to take chances, as long as we went after someone proven like both of these guys i am happy. now lets try to focus in on defense.

If...and its a big if our OL can protect Brunell then the three WRs we have right now are just going to kill defenses because they will have single coverage for Cooley our TE and Portis. With so much speed at the edge safties will need to backup and that will also leave a lot of running room for Portis. Face it Saunders is having "wet" dreams. He never had even remotely these type of receivers.

Question now is how will Brunell perform. He has got to look at all 3 WRs and not zero in on Moss like he did last year. He has got to be able to also throw to his right on the run. He has got to be able to zip the ball down the field...Can he do it. For me he is our weak link, and I hope the God I am wrong.

With more 3 wide receiver sets, the onus, it would appear, is on Al Saunders to create magic. Oooo, exciting! But if you think for 2 seconds about it, you'll realize: it's up to Buges now (ok, from a coaching standpoint, it's up to Buges, obviously, what I'm saying is it's up to the OL).....

If our QB (whoever it may be....) doesn't have time to throw, we could have a 34 wide receiver set -- we still won't be able to pass. We need ABSOLUTE high quality bench for our OL -- each starter needs a mirror image back up. Every year we lose someone on the line, Samuels, Jansen, Thomas, we start losing. It's the ultimate demoralizer to lose either of these guys and with Dock and Rabach firmly entrenched, this is one helluva line. But it can quickly go sour with a tweaked hammy, so it's up to Buges to mold the 2nd stringers in the image of the starters.

Everything hinges on the OL, so before we start predictiing 1000 yard seasons for our top three guys (and another 1000 for Cooley, why not?) let's get comfy with who we got blockin for our backfield.

- FUF

Archived