Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we going to bring in a CB?

TimFolk

Now that Harris is gone we only have 3 DB's on the roster. And Jimoh is more a of a dime player, so do you think we'll bring in a FA or draft one in the 2nd or 5th round this year?

I really hope we Draft one, in the second round.....then draft a Offensive lineman in the fourth (or whatever we could get for Ramsey).

I'm sure they are going to do both. I read that they were looking at Andre Dyson as a possibility. Right now they are just trying to wrap up deals with the 4 they brought to town last night, then they'll turn their attention to their depth signings (CB, OL). I'm sure their draft is going to be all about additional depth.

yeah i wondered about kevin dyson and why he didnt make the team.

he was a fairly big WR that we could have used...oh well

Kevin didnt fit the system, well according to the coaches at least. Of course we coulda used him or McCants, but neither of them seemed to do well, and there were questions about Dyson's work ethic and how in shape he was.

Andre Dyson would be nice to try out, and he wont really break the bank either since he was the nickel in Seattle. McQuarters is another name. We are going to bring in some veteran CB, as I dont see this coaching staff starting a rookie as a nickel or dimeback.

Now, if we could just re-sign Ryan Clark and sign Archuleta, that'd be pretty sweet.

I'd really like to see Andre Dyson.

I would like to this as well. If he comes at a good price, I don't see why not we shouldn't add him. He is a solid corner. I guess Seattle was happy with Kelly Hernadon's play last year and cut him loose.

I would like to see us get Harris back for depth and league minimum if possible. He was clearly not worth $2M and the Redskins will let him see what his value is in the market. He is better than any 4-7th round draft picks, or any other $1M or less corner in FA.

We have Christian Morton and Dimitri Patterson what else do we need? Maybe we should go get Garnell Wilds or whoever that savior was.

But seriously I think Andre Dyson would be a great signing, and Fakhir Brown could be a cheaper alternative. If we could get Walt Harris back for cheaper that would be great too but a 4th CB not named Jimoh would be great since one of our corners will be hurt at some point this season. What do you think?

I also think Eric Warfield would make a nice #3 corner. I really don't want Jimoh as our nickel back. For the first time I think he should be on the roster but only because of his special team play, not for his coverage. That being said I don't remember him being burned but I don't know how often he played as a CB.

So who should be our 3rd CB?

I think we sign someone like Warfield or Fakhir Brown and draft another one somewhere like in the 6th round who won't play at all immediately.

I think cedric griffin would be a great pickup for us. He is tall and talented and if we needed he could play saftey. If we can sign Andre Carter i think that may be our target or the guy i want D'qwell Jackson. If Andre isnt singed i think we could try and get andre dyson and draft darrel tapp or manny lawson.

Archived