Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: If Randle El Signs Elsewhere, Givens is next Option

ez2envy

I was ready to get some news on a signing or two by now what's going on?

I would like to see us sign WR Marc Boerigter (Chiefs), TE Dan Campbell (Cowboys) and a new Kicker, we should have tried to get Longwell while he was still out ther but he's gone so who else could we get (Mike Vanderjagt or Adam Vinateiri) if they would come cheep which I DON'T think they will but would be nice along with the other four guys they are looking at.

I think giving Randle El $5.+ million per year would be a mistake and very unnecessary. It's crazy to pay a slot receiver that much, which is all he would amount to in D.C., but Patten and Thrash, although not as fast, would find plenty of open space. And no one has ever paid that much for a kick returner.

I have a hunch that we are just bluffing on Randle El. Todd Collins will be a "must have" for insurance purposes if we let Ramsey go.

I'm totally satisfied we signed Brandon Lloyd! He was my #1 choice all along. In fact, I've been dreaming and begging on these boards for the last couple of months to go after him, but to be honest, I never really thought we would go after him though. Dan Campbell would be a good pick up for us as well.

On the defensive side, I was pulling for D. Howard, but must admit I'm not that familiar with A. Carter. I also like the speed and quickness of OLB Tommy Polley from Baltimore to replace LaVar. Archuleta would be a nice surprise, but we will still need a good nickel back and depth at DT.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/11/AR2006031100869.html

Should Randle El sign elsewhere, the Redskins would give strong consideration to free agent David Givens (New England).

i do not see that happening.. i do not think givens wants to go somewhere to be a 3rd option. randle el is more of a specialty player and that was the roll he filled at pitts.

if we do not get randle el, my guess is that the next player might be gaffney, or boerigter. we still have patten who should be an adequate #3...

Word is, Archeluta used a lot of croutons, but pulled the onions out of his salad.

Carter simply said 'bring me steak. Lots of it'.

Randel El got up and went to the bar to talk to some chickies.

Collins ordered a freaking O'Douls.

We're not sure yet what it all means.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Collins is a sissy?

Great news.

If I had to pick one Id for SURE pick Givens. Im not so high on Raandle El, not sure why everyone is so up in arms about this guy.

he would be used the same way the eagles use westbrook but with less runs..

givens does not have that cpapcity. on the other hand, givens is very physical and effective inside the redzone

Everything is going great so far, but I really wish we would address our OLB issue. I cant believe we arnt going after Withersppon, but I'm guessing Mr Gibbs has a plan..

witherspoon is askin too much from what i read... thornton might be a better option

Michael Robinson's hands are terrible. And we don't have a 4th round pick this year. Or next year, actually.

You gotta hand it to Danny, he knows how to roll. I kind of (and by kind of, I mean REALLY)want to become a coveted free agent so I can be wined and dined. I would visit every team. Except Buffalo. I don't think Buffalo would be a good time. Wilson and Levy would probably take me to play bingo or maybe even shuffleboard.

IM A REDSKINS FAN --- Good call on Collins, I think a Happy Meal would do the trick as well :applause:

we no longer have either a 3 or 4-- both were traded away

if we do not get randle el, my guess is that the next player might be gaffney, or boerigter. we still have patten who should be an adequate #3...

At about $5 million per year it would be a mistake to waste cap space on Randle El. Boerigter would be perfect in the slot and very affordable, not to mention he already knows Al Saunders system.

At about $5 million per year it would be a mistake to waste cap space on Randle El. Boerigter would be perfect in the slot and very affordable, not to mention he already knows Al Saunders system.

those were my thoughts as well. a poor man's joe jurevicius..

Archived