Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JaShon Sykes...Lavar's Replacement Already on the Roster???

fdarugar

He made a big impact in the pre season last year, i wanted to move him to D-end but people were saying he is to small. I think it was the carolina game were he had 2 or 3 sacks.

So he got hurt in the preseason or was he on the practice squad???

He made a big impact in the pre season last year, i wanted to move him to D-end but people were saying he is to small. I think it was the carolina game were he had 2 or 3 sacks.

He was signed in January 06 apparently.....

Was he with us in the pre season or signed January 06? Two very conflicting statements...

Was he with us in the pre season or signed January 06? Two very conflicting statements...

Someone just got confused. He was signed in January.

I've actually suggested this already. He's a guy who has started in this league, and while he probably hasn't been spectactular, he looks like a solid player.

Jason

I say we just look in free agency and get somebody like andre carter.

I dont think Khary Campbell is starter material.

Oh, and by the way, Jashon Sykes played in Denver but was cut, and we signed him during the off season with 17 others if you do not recall.

I think we are looking at Carter as a DE, and I think this makes sense because we are not looking at any LB's in free agency.

Someone just got confused. He was signed in January.

I've actually suggested this already. He's a guy who has started in this league, and while he probably hasn't been spectactular, he looks like a solid player.

Jason

Hell, he can't be any worse than Holdman, here is his scouting report...

His instincts seemed to improve with reps. Early on there were too many false steps and indecision. He is a good overall athlete - can run and chase. He is a physical take on player over the TE. Will sink and get into the TE with good initial pop. He is a box player - does not show solid COD in space. He is a physical hitter and tackler - knows how to finish. He needs to improve in coverage - lacks cover instincts. Will bite on play action and lose the TE off the line.

January 28: (Redskins) Signed wide receivers Ataveus Cash, Ron Johnson, Richard Smith, Steven Harris, tight end Calen Powell, quarterback Casey Bramlett, offensive linemen Jonta Woodard, Jim Jones and Jon Alston, running back Kerry Carter, linebacker Jashon Sykes, defensive backs Lashaun Ward, Aric Williams and Curry Burns and kicker Tyler Jones.

Redskins | J. Sykes signed to future contract

Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:29:26 -0800

The Washington Redskins have signed free agent LB Jashon Sykes (Broncos) to a future two-year contract with base salaries of $385,000 (2006) and $460,000 (2007).

Amazing what you can find when you use google!

I think the skins will definately take a LB in the draft. IMO, they can draft a MLB or WLB type, as Marshall can play either position.

If a player like D'Qwell Jackson, Demeco Ryans or Bobby Carpenter drops to the skins in the 2nd they would be awfully tempting.

Archived