Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS: Arrington tidbit

bubba9497

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9296110/2

click link for full article

Linebacker LaVar Arrington, who bought out his contract this week to become a free agent, is one of the more intriguing players on the free-agent lists. He has so much talent, but he has never lived up to it. Part of the problem is that he doesn't play the defense, often freelancing to make a play. That can lead to big plays, but it can also lead to holes in the defense when he vacates his area. That's why he is a tease. If the right coach can get him to play the defense, he can be a heck of a player. But Marvin Lewis and Gregg Williams, two highly respected coaches, couldn't get him to do it, so what's to believe someone else will? By the way, Arrington has to have a deal worked out with another team already. How else could he justify giving money back? That's the NFL credo: Never, even, give money back to a team that's been paid to you already. The Browns are one team that has interest in Arrington.

tampering?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

click link for full article

LaVar Arrington

Browns

Eagles?

Giants?

Arrington weighing options

<Mar. 9> The Browns have contacted Arrington's agent to find out if the free-agent linebacker has considered Cleveland as a possible landing spot, The Plain Dealer reports.

Arrington, who recently agreed to a buyout of his contract with the Redskins, said in a radio interview he wants to stay in the NFC East, but would prefer not to play for the Cowboys, leaving the Eagles and Giants as potential options.

"I'd just love to bless [the Redskins] with my presence twice a year," Arrington told The Ticket (790 AM) in Miami.

The Giants, thanks to the new collective bargaining agreement, should have enough cap room to make the outside linebacker a legitimate offer. Giants middle linebacker Antonio Pierce, who played with Arrington in Washington, has been pushing the Giants' front office to pursue his former teammate.

The Eagles are in need of playmakers to fortify their front seven and Arrington is said to be healthy after a couple of knee surgeries. However, the Eagles don't spend a lot on their linebackers and are expected to focus on the offensive and defensive lines in free agency

Tampering happens so often without being reprimanded. I wouldn't be surprised if he signed with the Browns. I'm beginning to think that **** about staying in the NFC East was bull****. He just wants the money.

Well, duh... :laugh:

He has a whole league of apologists who will tell you that you're wrong, but he has been lying to the fans for over two years now and they just keep eating it all up.

Well whatever team goes after Arrington is not going to try to change him if they are smart. They would be better off just letting him run wild out there laying people out.

Arrington goes where the money is now ,despite all the talk of wanting to stay in the East.

Well, duh... :laugh:

He has a whole league of apologists who will tell you that you're wrong, but he has been lying to the fans for over two years now and they just keep eating it all up.

I don't want the guy. I don't care how many pro bowls he went to. He sucks.

Well whatever team goes after Arrington is not going to try to change him if they are smart. They would be better off just letting him run wild out there laying people out.

Better off in terms of him being happy or better off in terms of the performance of the Defense.

I think it's safe to say our Defense was better off when he wasn't allowed to just roam around at will.

Better off in terms of him being happy or better off in terms of the performance of the Defense.

I think it's safe to say our Defense was better off when he wasn't allowed to just roam around at will.

Better off as in letting him play to his strengths instead of complex scemes.

Perhaps I did not explian it well enough, we all know that Lavar is know to blow assignments but early his career he made up for it with speed and power.

Example is when we used him to spy McNabb or assign him to certain areas and just let him knock the crap out of the ball carrier.

It became more of an issue of him missing assignments when Lewis ran our defense and said "Only Lavar can fix Lavar" to me that brought to our attention that Lavar was human and made mistakes, and some people thought that he was just to much of a free lancer, of course it did not matter because he was knocking the snot out of people.

Williams and Lindsey have no place in thier defense for someone who makes errors period and well you know the story.

The point is that there are defensive scemes that would fit Lavars talent quite well and I am sure there will be suitors.

Sorry for the rant I guess the short answer is there is a place / team / sceme that will suit Lavars talents and it's best to try to work to his ability instead of turning him into something he is not.

Archived