Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP - Redskins Ready, Eager to Address Needs

JimmiJo

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/08/AR2006030802586.html

Click on link for full article...

Redskins Ready, Eager to Address Needs

By Jason La Canfora

Washington Post Staff Writer

Thursday, March 9, 2006; Page E01

With the NFL's new labor agreement in place, the Washington Redskins are prepared to make a significant foray into free agency when the period to sign players opens at 12:01 a.m. tomorrow or Saturday. .

The extension between the league and its players created room under the cap for the Redskins, opened up avenues for further contract restructuring and should aid the club's ability to re-sign several of its players.

Most IMPORTANT part of that article.

"the Redskins also now have the option of converting about $13.5 million of total roster bonuses due to eight players into signing bonuses for cap purposes, which would create another $10 million in 2006 savings"

Without restructuring anyone, we can save 10 million. Count the cuts too, the minimum players to replace them, and thats(assuming we are 5 mill over now), a little over 10 million in cap space(not including Ramsey trade possibility).

Most IMPORTANT part of that article.

"the Redskins also now have the option of converting about $13.5 million of total roster bonuses due to eight players into signing bonuses for cap purposes, which would create another $10 million in 2006 savings"

Without restructuring anyone, we can save 10 million. Count the cuts too, the minimum players to replace them, and thats(assuming we are 5 mill over now), a little over 10 million in cap space(not including Ramsey trade possibility).

Man, that is great news. We are in tip top shape now. Also, I agree on bringing back Clark, a solid SS with experience in our system.

As a Redskins fan, I almost feel invincible. We shall never see the likes of CAP-HELL!

At least I hope not. These last few weeks have been pretty crazy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/08/AR2006030802586.html

Click on link for full article...

Redskins Ready, Eager to Address Needs

By Jason La Canfora

Washington Post Staff Writer

Thursday, March 9, 2006; Page E01

With the NFL's new labor agreement in place, the Washington Redskins are prepared to make a significant foray into free agency when the period to sign players opens at 12:01 a.m. tomorrow or Saturday. .

sweet

The extension between the league and its players created room under the cap for the Redskins, opened up avenues for further contract restructuring and should aid the club's ability to re-sign several of its players.

Man, that is great news. We are in tip top shape now. Also, I agree on bringing back Clark, a solid SS with experience in our system.

As a Redskins fan, I almost feel invincible. We shall never see the likes of CAP-HELL!

At least I hope not. These last few weeks have been pretty crazy.

i think we sign evans and royal first. clark will be tougher because he will get more interest

Archived