Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who might we be targeting???

Ant15fromNJ

What does everyone think we are going to do? We all know that we are going after a free agent WR and we all heard all the names that might be brought over hear to play opposite of Santana Moss. I would like us to get someone save and reliable. Our offence is good but with another difference maker we can be top 10 in the league.

Another position we are going to be targeting now after LaVar Arrington was released :doh: is Outside Linebacker. At this opening I think we need a smart player that can play within the system.

The last big hole we have is DE and I don't know why but I just have a feeling we are going to get John Abraham and I would be 100% behind that move. He would get like 10-15 sacks and put less pressure on our secondary. Even if we dont get John we need someone who can pressure the QB and make him be worried about the D-Line.

We have more holes but I'm only talking about the starters on offence and Defense.

I still think we need a DL more than a LB. Folks forget that we did fine w/o Lavar and still need another impact player on the DL so we can get a pass rush w/o blitzing. Unless, we could afford to get someone like D. Brooks. :laugh:

i have a feeling we will make a big splash in the free agent market, whether it be via trade or signings....i think gibbs has something up his sleeve.

i hope your right, i wish the restructuring that was set in place for the current cba can work with the new cba if it goes throughs, then i think we will be major players in the market to buy players, ala givens, archeulata, and depth for oline,

I agree with Iceman. All these talks about how we need to go spend big bucks on a LB are nonsense. We started 3-0 without Arrington stepping on the field. Maybe Holdman is not the answer - but we definitely need help on DE one way or the other.

i have a feeling we will make a big splash in the free agent market, whether it be via trade or signings....i think gibbs has something up his sleeve.

agreed.. all the cap space clearing is leading to something beyond the re signing of clark and royal... we are going after a couple of players first day right out of the box

There will probably be ONE and only ONE big move on BOTH sides of the ball. I am sure Williams already has his eyes set on someone, and I am sure Saunders is the same way. We can only speculate who those two will be. If I had to bet, Saunders will make a move in the draft for Vernon Davis somehow. Otherwise he will grab an AFC WR with whom he has some familiarity. Williams has stated he wants a young, impact DE. Abraham is definitely a possibilty. Either we get a FA DE, or a FA LB. The other will be addressed in the draft.

I still think we need a DL more than a LB. Folks forget that we did fine w/o Lavar and still need another impact player on the DL so we can get a pass rush w/o blitzing. Unless, we could afford to get someone like D. Brooks. :laugh:

We did fine without Lavar in 2004 when we had Pierce and Marshall. This year with Holdman it was pretty bad. You don't remember giving up long runs to the weakside on a weekly basis early in the year when Holdman was the starter?

As far as needs, I'd say LB is the most important vacancy on the defensive side of the ball. We may have a guy who can step in there already on the roster, but I don't know that.It's very important that we have a good WLB next year. More so than a good pass rusher. It doesn't matter if you sack the QB of you give up a 55 yard TD run the next play.

Archived