Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Williams

Golgo-13

As far as Roy Williams goes, you could see that he has all the makings of a player. He didn't actually make a ton of plays, but seemed to be thisclose to making a big play in run defense, blitzing, and, surprisingly to me, even in pass defense. It kind of reminded me of younger LaVar, when you just felt he was so close to making a big play. As much as one can tell from game 1 of his rookie season, Roy Williams will be the real deal.

Here's something else to consider.

Williams is going to be a great player I have no doubts. He's also struggled a lot during the preseason and seems to be a bit of a prima donna with his publicist and the like. That's ok too, he's still among my favorite guys. But, he is more a true strong safety than a free safety. So too is Darren Woodson at this point. With very weak corners and essentially strong safeties behind them, they may get exploited deep more than we thought without great coverage help from the safeties.

Art, I agree that we have to SS safties playing together, and I think woodson is the one who is trying to adjust and be more of a FS and it showed last night. I am pretty sure that Woodson has the ability to adjust but it will take some time for him to feel totally comfortable in that position. He was a little late on a couple of the passes last night and you are right it was Westbrook the weak link inthe Def. backfield. I thought Edwards did very well. Westbrook was more like " hold your breath each time". they did exploit his side of the field a lot.

now until the cowboys fix that teamswill continue to exploit him ,and attack westbrook's side.

on another note, the OL also needs to stop the blitz and it hasn't shown it can do that, the eagles will definitley exploit that.

Archived