Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A call for Lavar to restructure!

kmast000

I know in the real world if my boss asked me to take a pay cut I would do it OR i would be looking for a new job knowing my pink slip was on the way. And its the same for Lavar because if he does not take a pay cut he is looking for a new team

Say you've been a great attorney. But you messed up one case, and your firm wants to cut your pay a little. How would you feel? I sure there's a market for that attorney if he decides not to take the cut. That's where LA's at. I wouldn't take the pay cut. Especially if my play was hampered because of injury not ability.

Say you've been a great attorney. But you messed up one case, and your firm wants to cut your pay a little. How would you feel? I sure there's a market for that attorney if he decides not to take the cut. That's where LA's at. I wouldn't take the pay cut. Especially if my play was hampered because of injury not ability.

No one ever said life or bueseness was fair now did they and if lavar went to a new team he would be lucky to get 50 to 75% of what he is getting paid here

No one ever said life or bueseness was fair now did they and if lavar went to a new team he would be lucky to get 50 to 75% of what he is getting paid here

True but he could sign a one year deal play like a healthy LA and make more money then he would with the skins. Don't get it twisted as a fan I would love for LA to take a pay cut. If I took myself out of a fan's point of view I can see why someone wouldn't want to take a pay cut.

And thats why we won't win a Super Bowl!

No you wont win a Super Bowl by over paying a player when the money could be used to pay for talent to help other ereas of need on the team

Wanted to add this I dont think lavar is a bad player just not worth what he is getting paid

Amen, you got folks talking about folks and don't even know where the players hometown is located, let alone knowing what the he..there talking about.We lose the weak side LB and we'll only be a playoff team, but no Super Bowl.

And the only reason why someone is not a fan favorite is because that fan , however many, said he wasn't. We have about 24 players on the team that are the face of the Redskins.

Why? Everytime you see one, you recognize him as a Redskin. Oh there's Albright, yeah he's our LS out of UNC... So what his jersey isn't in Redskin Shop, buy it from NFL.com. But critical fans, if shoe fits where it, make folk not want to be here.

Oh Taylor this and Taylor that...Ramsey this and that...

Brunnel this and that....LaVar this and that, but its good your a critic, remember you're probably worse than your own critic snd players do read it, so you never know the impact.Try and be constructive and have positive comments or suggestions for improvements.

Instead of Ramsey's ate up, say he needs to work pocket awareness or presnap reads and maybe he'll feel like thats a piece of it and work to improve. But I tell you Ramsey is a hellufa lot better than 98% back ups in the league and better than most starters, would you rather have Bledsoe or how bout his back up?

Didn't think so, but Ramsey is no where near ate up...you better be glad we have him. Yes you're entitled to your opinion, just don't make a fool of yourself. Remember your very own critique could cost us a Super Bowl...you just never know.

Furthermore Coach Gibbs probably doesn't like his players being badgered by their fans either. Again, I know its your right to post what you want but I always try to be more constructive thats all. The first thing a player probably thinks about is well, since the fans feel like that, then maybe it should just be about the money.

Um, there was like a 10 post back-and-forth between posters arguing whether or not it was fair to expect LaVar to take a paycut by restructuring...lol...so maybe they (and future posters on this thread who may wanna join in on that topic) need a gentle reminder. ;)

LOL ok cool

Havent u guys noticed... all the other big time players are making an effort to restructure. But good ole lavar hasnt yet. Shows you what kind of a player you guys fell in love with.

Who says he isn't trying to restructure? He has the most complicated cap situation and there have been reports of him restructuring.

Amen, you got folks talking about folks and don't even know where the players hometown is located, let alone knowing what the he..there talking about.We lose the weak side LB and we'll only be a playoff team, but no Super Bowl.

And the only reason why someone is not a fan favorite is because that fan , however many, said he wasn't. We have about 24 players on the team that are the face of the Redskins.

Why? Everytime you see one, you recognize him as a Redskin. Oh there's Albright, yeah he's our LS out of UNC... So what his jersey isn't in Redskin Shop, buy it from NFL.com. But critical fans, if shoe fits where it, make folk not want to be here.

Oh Taylor this and Taylor that...Ramsey this and that...

Brunnel this and that....LaVar this and that, but its good your a critic, remember you're probably worse than your own critic snd players do read it, so you never know the impact.Try and be constructive and have positive comments or suggestions for improvements.

Instead of Ramsey's ate up, say he needs to work pocket awareness or presnap reads and maybe he'll feel like thats a piece of it and work to improve. But I tell you Ramsey is a hellufa lot better than 98% back ups in the league and better than most starters, would you rather have Bledsoe or how bout his back up?

Didn't think so, but Ramsey is no where near ate up...you better be glad we have him. Yes you're entitled to your opinion, just don't make a fool of yourself. Remember your very own critique could cost us a Super Bowl...you just never know.

Furthermore Coach Gibbs probably doesn't like his players being badgered by their fans either. Again, I know its your right to post what you want but I always try to be more constructive thats all. The first thing a player probably thinks about is well, since the fans feel like that, then maybe it should just be about the money.

Clean out your keyboard or something. That post hurt my eyes. Maybe copy and paste your long posts into a word document and run a spell check.

Havent u guys noticed... all the other big time players are making an effort to restructure. But good ole lavar hasnt yet. Shows you what kind of a player you guys fell in love with.

And let me 2nd the motion, who says he hasn't???

He's made it pretty clear that he wants to be here and I'd be VERY surprised if he wasn't doing just that.

Close but not quit the same.

Let's say your a construction worker, and you are of course one of the best, and they pay you accordingly. One day you are at the work site, and a beam falls down and messes your leg or arm up, and you can't work for a while. Then the job comes and says, hey can you take a pay cut!!!! What would you do then. Most of government folks would go to thier union rep, and say what's going on with this. The Union would get involved after that. Basically telling them, hey this ain't right.

It has already been stated earlier in an article (I think the link is posted in another reply earlier in this thread) posted at the top of the stadium forum that besides springs, brunell, cpo, and others that Lavar IS working on a restructure with the redskins. This was reported along with Jansen restructuring, however, they said details could not be released at this time as their contracts are contingent upon the CBA, meaning LA restructuring might not even help us that much. LA is a good guy who will, and has, fought and died for this team. Do you think joey porter would still want to be a steeler after being benched during the season? Absolutely not. The only reason the resentment even started against LA is cuz he got injured meaning it had been a while since he put up numbers, and then Williams wanted him to be the opposite of the free roamer that he is. That takes time, and LA got back on the field as the starter, and produced. If certain people could remember past the previous season, maybe they could see LA is big help to this team. And for the last time, cutting LA HURTS our cap, it DOES NOT help our cap.

If Lavar takes a paycut that would be HUGE. I mean, he is the guy who takes up the most space on our team. He doesn't deserve that money since he basically has been injured the past 2 years.

I hope for your sake that when you get older and have to get a real job, that you never get injured on the job.

If Lavar takes a paycut that would be HUGE. I mean, he is the guy who takes up the most space on our team. He doesn't deserve that money since he basically has been injured the past 2 years.

He was only injured one year, then benched for a little while. LA has always produced for us when healthy, you don't make the pro bowl 3 years in a row for nothing. Besides, getting injured playing for your team does not negate the right to your money. If it was a Kellen Winslow situation, I would agree with you, but LA was injured playing the game he loves to play for us. Saying he doesn't deserve money for that is not only rude and insulting, it is ignorant. Act your age. Oh wait...

Archived