Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do we have to show off all the time

CrypticVillain

Thank you soembody finally gets where I am coming from. That is all I wanted to hear. Why seperate our accomplishments. We all are Americans. We all are humans.

You say this but your entire post was bragging about black accomplishments?

If you accept your supposition(which I'm not sure I do), that black people brag too much, as being accurate, then the answer is simple. For too long blacks were an oppressed minority who weren't recognized for their contributions. For example you site the following: "Garrett A. Morgan, a black man, invented the traffic signals."

Garrett had many inventions. The most notable being the precursor to the Gas Masks wore in WWI. His invention was used to save a bunch of miners trapped in tunnel under Lake Erie. They were dying due to lack of O2 or poison gas. Don't recall the exact particulars. He had a few masks he created, they were more like hoods, that he brings to the tunnel and he and a few go down and start bringing up survivors. Without his efforts, and his invention, every one of the miners would have died. The next morning the local papers were abuzz with the accident but he was hardly mentioned.

However, is it possible your confusing pride of accomplishments with bragging? Why shouldn't the great contributions of our black americans be noted. I think that does make it more Our America and not a White or Black thing.

I think all the guy is trying to get across is that accomplishments shouldn't be referenced by the color of the accomplishers. I agree.:applause:

I agree on principal, but it's just not so cut and dried. Inventions of things in the past have been attributed to the inventor. However, if the inventor was black, the recognition hasn't always been forthcoming. I certainly don't think that is the case now, but I suppose there are still wrongs needing to be righted.

I agree on principal, but it's just not so cut and dried. Inventions of things in the past have been attributed to the inventor. However, if the inventor was black, the recognition hasn't always been forthcoming. I certainly don't think that is the case now, but I suppose there are still wrongs needing to be righted.

Good Point. But it is refreshing none the less to see a young person not get that. It's an indication of progress.

If you accept your supposition(which I'm not sure I do), that black people brag too much, as being accurate, then the answer is simple. For too long blacks were an oppressed minority who weren't recognized for their contributions. For example you site the following: "Garrett A. Morgan, a black man, invented the traffic signals."

Garrett had many inventions. The most notable being the precursor to the Gas Masks wore in WWI. His invention was used to save a bunch of miners trapped in tunnel under Lake Erie. They were dying due to lack of O2 or poison gas. Don't recall the exact particulars. He had a few masks he created, they were more like hoods, that he brings to the tunnel and he and a few go down and start bringing up survivors. Without his efforts, and his invention, every one of the miners would have died. The next morning the local papers were abuzz with the accident but he was hardly mentioned.

However, is it possible your confusing pride of accomplishments with bragging? Why shouldn't the great contributions of our black americans be noted. I think that does make it more Our America and not a White or Black thing.

I did not create that thing. I told yah I posted it from an e-maill my moms showed me. I only read it one time and was confused. But Thank you for not saying I suck.

Archived