Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gary Horton Chat; Redskins mention

Nothing big but thought I would post it.

Mike (Churchton, MD): Gary, isn't this Dan Snyder's dream come true? After this year, he'll have his chance to really buy his Super Bowl!

Gary Horton: (11:33 AM ET ) Yeah, but that would make for a really tough 2006 because they might be the most affected after all the cuts they will have to make.

James (Washington DC): Is Lavar Arrington as good as gone?

Gary Horton: (11:36 AM ET ) No question. He is gone. Whether we have an agreement or not. I think he has played his last game in Washington.

Gary Horton: (11:36 AM ET ) It will be interesting to see what kind of market he has.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=10965

Washington Redskins

Player Cap number 2006 savings

LB LaVar Arrington $12,045,980 $120,308 (charge)

S Matt Bowen $2,400,000 $2,000,000

K John Hall $1,965,000 $1,035,000

CB Walt Harris $2,750,000 $2,000,000

DT Brandon Noble $2,630,000 $1,700,000

QB Patrick Ramsey $2,881,500 $1,688,000

OL Cory Raymer $1,118,333 $984,999

thats a CHARGE that we will take if we release Arrington.

Boggles me that some people can be that dim..

Marc (Minneapolis,MN): Curious as to why this is a "live" chat and ESPN is reporting no deal will be reached as the sides have broken permanently, but we're still talking about the possibility of a deal.

Gary Horton: (11:55 AM ET ) Just saw that. That would lead us to believe the owners are now very unified and this is just one guy's opinion, but I think they feel they have the upper hand in this situation and that they are in control. I think they will remain very stubborn.

Gary Horton: (11:56 AM ET ) I might be wrong, but I think this could be a situation where the players association takes the big PR hit, moreso than the owners.

Gary shows his true colors here. He failed to do any research or simply read the news on the website that signs his checks. Litterly two questions before this one he said he fully expected a deal and the owners meeting today was a good idea. This is two hours after Tags' presser.

It was reported by Steve Czaban that we take a bigger hit if Lavar is cut or traded. I suspect that the Front Office is trying to get him to restructure his deal. With the Postons being his agents...good luck with that happening.

Archived