Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Players Should revolt agaisnt NFLPA

Ynot

So you're saying if the players get just compensation they will become lazy? I find that hard to believe. So since the NFL is the ONLY major sport that doesn't have guaranteed contracts, does that mean the players of ALL THE OTHER leagues are lazy? I can't believe that either.

Furthermore, if you knew what type of conditioning and work ethic it took to be good enough to play, and play well in the NBA, you wouldn't be call any of those guys slackers. The guys who slack, get outplayed and embarassed, and eventually at home watching the games or playing overseas.

Okay good feed back, and let me,oh I mean Taglibue, sum your 2 paragraghs up in about 21 words...tell you what you can do the counting..ready? here goes: The NFL is the most popular sport in the world and there's a "lil" more reasons than just no guaranteed contracts, too. Don't get pissed at me, I'm not the genius Tags (Taglibue) is the SME. Any how good feed back and thanks.

Pro football players come out of the league all kinds of destroyed. Yet they still get crappier deals then other athletes - so let's keep that in mind before complaining they don't give up more so things can go as the owners would like.

Very true, players do get banged up.

Coal miners suffer far more serious occupational hazards though.

What about cops and firemen?

How about being a dreaded King Crab fisherman...life span of about 3 weeks.

NFL Players get pensions.

If the pensions aren't big enough, blame the NFLPA for not charging enough dues to set more aside for the guys in need.

It's not like there aren't any millionaire player around to help start a fund.

What about they're ambulance-chasing agents?

Exactly what benefit do they provide to society again?

I don't blame players for asking for more, but when they see they've reached too far, they need to back off.

By the way, how much does Upshaw pull down in a year?

Bet he's not hurting.

If the pensions aren't big enough, blame the NFLPA for not charging enough dues to set more aside for the guys in need.

I don't blame players for asking for more, but when they see they've reached too far, they need to back off.

Bet he's not hurting.

How much revenue do firemen, coal miners, and cops generate again? Which is the most popular sport in the US again?

Yeah...

Bet he's not hurting.

Wow, now thats a good point and duly stated! Might I add: It's okay to be a millionair but when you experience a series of concussions you can easily lose it all....with permanet dumb syndrome. Give me a million, I"ll turn it easily in a year and triple it in two. I'll take 5 million any year and a Super Bowl maybe even two over 25 million any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Hell, take 5 mill and make 25 and don't even need a H.S. education. You say LBs can't guarantee Super Bowls?

Hell, Ray Lewis did. Oh he told em he was gonna shut it down from sideline -to- side line. And he shut it strait doWn, yeah with a big W, and went strait to the Super Bowl. Along with the Goose keeping those guards and tackles off him so he could rome free. But Pierce had more than the talent to do the same thing and some. But he went in another direction and I understand respect that. But you don't neeed 25 million...its like plants you can only have so many. But all you need is a few.

How much revenue do firemen, coal miners, and cops generate again? Which is the most popular sport in the US again?

Yeah...

Exactly. Even mentioning other occupations is foolish when you bring into account amount of money being moved around.

I find it very hard to believe that players will get lazy by having their contracts guaranteed. If NFL contracts were guaranteed, the players would still make less money than NBA and MLB players. To even be able to well enough to get that contract, you have to be in better shape than a MLB player and tougher than a NBA one as well.

Bet he's not hurting.

Destino, I miss read your content disregard above message...sorry about that.

Archived