Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IF no new CBA, think about this...

mikalax2

This is just a thought but it could be a pretty good idea. If there is no CBA extension then heres what the skins could do. Get under the cap by expected cuts and restructuring big contracts, then, heres the crazy part.....trade all of our next years picks for a bunch of picks for this year....now listen...with no CBA we cant really afford free agents, so we get a lot of picks, get a lot of young talent. Then we could use this year to start Campbell and a bunch of young guys to gain expirience.

Then when next year came we could get the final pieces through free agency...........2 more things

1) if there is no CBA extension, i am not one who hopes in 2007 we sign every star out there, im just saying in my idea here we could use it to get our final pieces.

2) I really like our team now and really hope there is an extension because I think with a few pieces right now that we could win the Superbowl next year.

Feel free to tear me a new one now

HAIL!!!!

Its a pretty good idea, but I'm confident (and I wouldn't have been if Gibbs wasn't here) that the Skins have a good plan in place for both scenarios. I think you could see a suprise cut or two that will get this board lighting up, but feel good about next year. I'll feel even better when ST is acquitted.

I think we become Super Bowl Contenders when three things happen.

1. Jason Campbell takes over.

2. Get a complementary reciever IN THE DRAFT that can take pressure of Santana.

3. (This isnt a must) Generate pressure on the Quarterback without blitzing. Think of that then sending all 3 or 4 linebackers.... Id feel bad for that quarterback, not if Its Drew Bledsoe though lol.

Though, no matter how good we get, we will never be Super Bowl Contenders from the beggining or a have a HIGH hope of it intill we have a young, good, Quarterback named Jason Campbell take over. If we dont, were just keep saying to ourselves "I wonder how much years brunell has in him?" Or "Can he last the whole season and playoffs?"

Though if Brunell starts and plays this season i will really be mad. But i will support him.

That is a very... unwise move. Putting all of your eggs in one basket is a sure way to crash and burn. The only way this would possibly work is if the CBA did not get an extension by the beginning of next season, and thats a might big if to screw your franchise over.

I dont think its that bad and I dont think its putting all your eggs in one basket. I think that if Gibbs thought there was a lot of talent in a lot of positions in a draft that he could do something like this( not to this extent) and this could be any year. Gibbs does not care about getting young guys next year, he cares about getting real redskins. If he thought there were a load of real redskins in any draft then he would try and get them. Gibbs is not the biggest believer in building through the draft anyways. The man has always traded picks for veterans.

I think we become Super Bowl Contenders when three things happen.

1. Jason Campbell takes over.

2. Get a complementary reciever IN THE DRAFT that can take pressure of Santana.

3. (This isnt a must) Generate pressure on the Quarterback without blitzing. Think of that then sending all 3 or 4 linebackers.... Id feel bad for that quarterback, not if Its Drew Bledsoe though lol.

Though, no matter how good we get, we will never be Super Bowl Contenders from the beggining or a have a HIGH hope of it intill we have a young, good, Quarterback named Jason Campbell take over. If we dont, were just keep saying to ourselves "I wonder how much years brunell has in him?" Or "Can he last the whole season and playoffs?"

Though if Brunell starts and plays this season i will really be mad. But i will support him.

I agree.... :cheers:

Archived