Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Bettis Joins NBC

jimster

Bettis to Join NBC's NFL Broadcast Team

http://sports.iwon.com/news/02192006/v4456.html

Feb 19, 10:39 PM (ET) Email this Story

NEW YORK (AP) - Next stop for The Bus: the broadcast booth.

Jerome Bettis joined NBC on Sunday as a studio analyst for Sunday night football games.

"I am looking forward to this new opportunity and to still be involved in the game I love," Bettis said.

The former Pittsburgh running back retired after helping the Steelers beat the Seattle Seahawks 21-10 in the Super Bowl this month in his hometown of Detroit.

His first game will be in Pittsburgh on Thursday, Sept. 7, when the Steelers receive their Super Bowl rings.

"It will be the proudest night of my life," Bettis said. "I will finally get my ring and I will start my new career in television in front of all the Steelers fans."

The Bus ended his playing career after 13 seasons, retiring as the NFL's No. 5 career rusher. In recent seasons, though, he was relegated to more short-yardage or goal-line situations. He finished with 43 yards on 14 carries in the Super Bowl.

Am I the only one that finds it funny that the media is STILL trying to squeeze every drop of juice they can get from the dehydrated turnip that is "The Jerome Bettis Story"? I love how that article says that he helped them defeat the Seahawks 21-10 in his hometown of Detroit. They'll never get enough.

:logo:

Am I the only one that finds it funny that the media is STILL trying to squeeze every drop of juice they can get from the dehydrated turnip that is "The Jerome Bettis Story"? I love how that article says that he helped them defeat the Seahawks 21-10 in his hometown of Detroit. They'll never get enough.

:logo:

Its called journalism, my friend.

Archived