Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crabfest 2002 info update 9/7

RiggoRanger

For those here interested in THE BEST DAMN TIME YOU WILL EVER HAVE!! (lol) I posted this over at the CPND board:

OK here's the latest info as of 9/7:

The Dancing Crab cannot guarantee that they would have enough crabs available in late Nov. The manager there assured me that he would have some, but he wants me to wait until the first of Nov. to set things up, as he could get enough for all you can eat. However, it would cost more than 25 bucks per person.

I talked to the manager at Ernie's Crabhouse in Arlington/Alexandria, and he said that it would be no problem for us to have all the crabs we wanted in late Nov.! He said they would be medium sized, and that crabs at that time are extra meaty, in preparation for winter. The best part is he set the price for all you can eat crabs at 22 bucks per person!!! I figure with tax and tip, 26 each will cover the crabs. Drinks and if someone wants something else besides crabs that can go on separate checks. Plus he said they have a wide screen TV and we would be the only ones in the place, so we could do whatever we wanted (well, within limits)!

So I guess the question now is: do we wait until Nov. to find out if The Danicng Crab (which is acessible by metro from the Key Bridge Marriott) can accomodate us, or do we make Ernie's (transportation questions) the place for Crabfest? I'm now leaning towards the bird in hand, especially when the price is as good as it's gonna get for that time of the year. I'll put up a poll and let everyone decide here, but I'll need to know definitely who is coming-I have to let the managers of the crabhouses know!

HTTR

I have a hard time voting for anything crabby...

HOWEVER

1.) I have purchased my planes tickets...$215. round trip from Dallas

2.) Guaranteed room overlooking DC for 2 nights.

3.) Money to Tom

SOOO

anywhere is fine with me.........cause my happy butt will be there!!!

Blondie

Archived