Mr. Grundle

Best cartoon comedy:  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Best cartoon comedy:

• The Simpsons
    • Family Guy
    • South Park
    • Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Latest reports on Carson Palmer are that he's likely to miss at least the first 6 games of next season, maybe more. With Kitna likely gone via free agency to try and become a starter again, that leaves Cinci with Doug Johnson and Craig Krenzel to fill in for Palmer...not an attractive scenario for the Bengals.

Now, Cinci has a stable of young talented WR's buried behind CJ and TJ. Kelley Washington, Kevin Walter, and Tab Perry, all lost their PT to Chris Henry last season. All three of these guys are 6'3 215 lbs, fitting the mold of what we need.

With 1 year left on his contract, how about a trade of Ramsey to Cinci for one of their WR's and maybe a late-rounder? He could play out the last year of his contract filling in for Palmer and then hit the market in 2007 once Palmer is back healthy. I believe Kelley Washington would be the best target, but I think he is a RFA, so maybe a sign and trade? Not sure of the contract status of the rest of them. I know they want to keep at least one in case Chris Henry can't come back, but they must be willing to let one of these guys go. Also, Marvin Lewis is familiar with Ramsey and we know how he loves ex-Skins.

I'm trying to think of reasons this would be a bad deal, but can't....but I'm sure someone here can. :) Whaddya think?

Where did you read he's miss 6 games on Cincy (Palmer)?

Teams that should be interested in Ramsey.

Miami, New Orleans, Arizona

Its been reported (no i dont have a link handy) that he will most likely be on the PUP at the start of the season and possibly miss the first 6 weeks due to him rehab'ing the ACL, MCL and the dislocated knee cap that he suffered in the playoffs.

edit:

Bengals | Palmer could wind up on the PUP list

Sun, 12 Feb 2006 15:50:57 -0800

Chick Ludwig, writing for the Sporting News, reports it appears it will be very difficult for Cincinnati Bengals QB Carson Palmer (knee) to be ready for the first game of the 2006 season. Palmer has two torn ligaments (ACL and MCL), a dislocated kneecap and cartilage damage in his left knee. Ludwig speculates Palmer could start the season on the PUP list meaning he would miss at least the first six regular season games.

Where did you read he's miss 6 games on Cincy (Palmer)?

Teams that should be interested in Ramsey.

Miami, New Orleans, Arizona

My thoughts exactly, I know the injury was bad but that is pretty severe. I actually think the best fit for Ramsey is in Minnesota should they not keep Culpepper. The young recievers they have in Minnesota could really grow with Ramsey. Especailly Troy Williamson. I would take the Vikings third rounder for Ramsey.

If the Vikings do keep Culpepper then Ramsey would fit well in Arizona. I think the Cards might draft Vernon Davis, surely Ramsey could do well with Boldin, Fitzgerald and Davis as his passing options. I think the Cards will also go running back early in the second round and possibly luck out by getting a guy like Lawrence Maroney. The Cards could be very good in the near future and Ramsey would be a good fit to help them open that new stadium.

Okay, now I see the report, ummm yeah, Ramsey could fit well in Cincy too.

It'd be a raw deal for Ramsey. Chad Johnson will "TO"(yes, TO is a verb now) at the slightest of inconsistencies, which Ramsey is prone to.

I don't think so. Chad Johnson may be a egomanic but he's no where near Terrell "I love me some me" Owens. He seemed very personable at the Pro Bowl while interviewing other players for the NFL Network, yeah he refers to himself in 3rd person (or just 85) but he doesn't take himself that seriously and doesn't mind being the joke. Even when he was doing his 'Lists' he stopped it as soon as Marvin Lewis put a chokehold on it. So IMO I don't think he'll treat Ramsey like that.

Latest reports on Carson Palmer are that he's likely to miss at least the first 6 games of next season, maybe more. With Kitna likely gone via free agency to try and become a starter again, that leaves Cinci with Doug Johnson and Craig Krenzel to fill in for Palmer...not an attractive scenario for the Bengals.

Now, Cinci has a stable of young talented WR's buried behind CJ and TJ. Kelley Washington, Kevin Walter, and Tab Perry, all lost their PT to Chris Henry last season. All three of these guys are 6'3 215 lbs, fitting the mold of what we need.

With 1 year left on his contract, how about a trade of Ramsey to Cinci for one of their WR's and maybe a late-rounder? He could play out the last year of his contract filling in for Palmer and then hit the market in 2007 once Palmer is back healthy. I believe Kelley Washington would be the best target, but I think he is a RFA, so maybe a sign and trade? Not sure of the contract status of the rest of them. I know they want to keep at least one in case Chris Henry can't come back, but they must be willing to let one of these guys go. Also, Marvin Lewis is familiar with Ramsey and we know how he loves ex-Skins.

I'm trying to think of reasons this would be a bad deal, but can't....but I'm sure someone here can. :) Whaddya think?

Sounds like a bad deal for Ramsey. Ramsey for Henry straight up would be a great deal.

It'd be a raw deal for Ramsey. Chad Johnson will "TO"(yes, TO is a verb now) at the slightest of inconsistencies, which Ramsey is prone to.

I don't wanna sound like a dick but...I don't really care about what kind of deal Ramsey is getting. I'm intrigued at the possibility of adding one of these promising young receivers that the Bengals are hording over there. All these guys have shown flashes of brilliance at the NFL level at one time or another. And they aren't midgets.

Sounds like a bad deal for Ramsey. Ramsey for Henry straight up would be a great deal.

You really want another headache like Chris Henry on this team? :doh:

Could you imagine the trash talk in practice between Sean Taylor and Henry though?

Henry - "I'm the baddest mf'er in Florida, punk!"

Taylor - "Pleeease, you must be crazy. That's my state, BEEATCH."

Henry - "Let's just let the courts decide and see who gets more years."

Taylor - "Aight den."

Well, Coach Gibbs doesn't seem to think size matters...just ask the smurfs....oh I'm sorry Charlie Brown was close to 6', but anyway your analyses is off , sorry try again. Yeah, I'm in the submarine!

I would have mixed feelings about him leaving. I want him to stay because he's not all bad and a solid backup and could pull a Drew Brees. I don't want him though, becuase he's a pain and might stunt Campbell's progress.

I think Gibbs would be happy to keep his current QB unit intact. For me, and Gibbs according to what he generally says, it comes down to whether or not Ramsey wants to be here. And by "wants" to be here, it means he's OK with being the lame-duck backup quarterback to Brunell and a short-term potential fix while the anointed "future" prepares himself to take over. Would you want to be in this situation? He's at the age where he wants to play in the NFL, make an impact, succeed and get paid, and maybe even become a star. And the window is slowly closing on him. Even though he may like the organization and Brunell and Jansen are two of his best buddies, if I'm him, I'm out. And that sucks for 'skins fans, because there's no way we get fair value for him in return right now. He's good, and in the right situation I think he can be a pro bowl QB (very good-to-great line protection, especially for his blindside, doesn't need to run and "make plays" and can be a classic statue QB).

Maybe we should trade him to the Lions for Charles Rogers. Martz did wonders for pseudo-similarly talented Kurt Warner.

I think Gibbs would be happy to keep his current QB unit intact. For me, and Gibbs according to what he generally says, it comes down to whether or not Ramsey wants to be here. And by "wants" to be here, it means he's OK with being the lame-duck backup quarterback to Brunell and a short-term potential fix while the anointed "future" prepares himself to take over.

If you're Byner, then during the last open training camp practice, something you particularly did afetr practice ended....and someone gave you something to give to somebody what was it? And who was it for?

:laugh: I like your use of TO as a verb.

Is Carson Palmer really going to miss the first six games? I heard that he tore his knee up pretty bad, but is it that bad?

It could turn out like Mike Vick's second year when he broke his leg in preseason then came back towards the end and beat a few teams single-handedly. Then again, the Bengals have Chad Johnson, and most QBs can be successful with him as a receiver.

I like it. I prefer would prefer Ramsey for a first round pick but that won't happen.

I still hate to see him go but he needs to get a fresh start while he is still young. He will make his mark on the NFL. How he went from hero to backup I still don't understand.

Reminds me of Trent Green.

Why do we have this habit of letting young quarterbacks go that have success other places, and we bring in vets that never get us there.:rolleyes:

Arizona has Kurt Warner and seems ready to stick with him as their starter.

Detroit has Joey Harrington and also seem commited to him.

Cincinnati has Carson Palmer, even if he is injured, and Patrick has made it clear he wants to be a starter.

So I'm thinking that Miami or New York (Jets) might be a good place for Patrick to go. Miami since they need a young and reliable QB to be the new starter, and New York since they seem to have lost faith in Pennington because of his lack of duarability.

Chris Henry's situation in Florida is about 100 times worse than Sean Taylor's. With the FACT that a cop saw Henry with the gun, before Henry threw it into a nearby car. The gun came up stolen also...

Cop saw Henry using gun, gun came up to be stolen = Henry Career Over.

It seems as though Former Redskins QB's do a pretty decent job elsewhere (B. Johnson, T. Green,) even Gus Frerotte is doing a decent job (even though he's a journeyman). That was the biggest reason for me not giving up on Ramsey (that and the fact that I don't think he ever got a fair shot here...some caused by himself by holding out his rookie year and the unfortunate fact that he wound up with Steve "Send Out Six Receivers" Spurrier. I'm quite sure that there is more to him not playing but as far as I'm concerned, the dude has shown nothing but class and toughness for this organization. As much as I am a Unflinching Fan of the Redskins I am just as much of a fan of Patrick Ramsey.

Archived