Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Regular Season Game In London!!

Sherlock Holmes

I think the timing of the loss of the Monarchs was key. It happened at a time when interest in the game generally was falling and the NFL's interest in NFLE was also being tested.

I think if the Monarchs came back now, they would be well supported, especially with the increase in the number of National players and the fact that an increasing number of NFLE now go on to make names for themselves in the NFL. And that some of the players that go over there you may even have heard of before!

The hypocracy in this thread absolutely stinks imo. You guys can flame all you like, yet when next a team wins the Superbowl and then proclaims "World" championship status, ill remember these fans who ****ed and whined saying that a game should not be played outside of the USA, that is narrowmindedness at its most dear. Every major english sporting team (regardless of its sport) has travelled the world competing against rival teams in their own backyards. Think the British Lions tour of Australia, various international tournaments in football, cricket etc etc.

The list goes on, fans from these countries welcome the teams with open hearts and open wallets. Financially its great for the team if you want to treat this as a business deal, but also whats more important is, its good for the sport. People who may not necessarily get a chance to see these teams compete finally do get a chance. Its great for them. They get to cheer on their teams just like you guys do every weekend, albeit, they dont take it for granted. Some people here do.

Its selfish and it stinks quite honestly, i understand the ramifications of travelling across 5 time zones and the jet lag and all the other things, but if these other teams from all of these other countries and sports can travel the world so that their fans can see them then why not an nfl team?

"Soccer" teams play two or three times the amount of games that Nfl teams play and still have time to go on tour across the far reaches of the planet.

P.s according to Foxsports.com

"As for the London game, Aiello said it remained under consideration. Commissioner Paul Tagliabue said at the Super Bowl it was unlikely the NFL would play a regular-season game outside the United States this season. The first one took place last season with San Francisco playing Arizona in Mexico City."

Taken from this article

The thing is, the NFL has always had franchises. Teams moving from place to place every now and then, making the fans obviously feel hard done by.

The Manchester United fans would be extremely opposed to there team playing a game over in the USA, thats fair enough. But its happened, they have tours. As do Arsenal and Chelsea.

Ok, ill come to America...by the way can i borrow £1500? Its not possible at the moment. Maybe in a few years i can afford it, but not now. Im not being narrow minded, because ive already said i feel sorry for the teams involved, and i realise how annyoing it would be. But if Man U and chelsea went over your side and played a game, no one other than people connected to there orginisations would care. So i dont see a reason to be so negative about it.

True but those games are friendlies.I've seen Barcelona,AC Milen,Spurs here in their pre-seasons. It was to make $$$ and have players begin their fitness routines.

Imagine if Chelsea played Liverpool in Boston at the beginning of the season??!!! Supporters would have a fit.The big difference is that the NFL season is so short.

I think it will happen ,but I see two East Coast USA teams in this game.My guess are the Patroits and maybe the Jets.

I got thinking about this last night.

Is New orleans likely to hace their stadium up and running for next year ? If not they would be a great choice as then they are not really losing out on a game if they dont have a proper home stadium anyway.

If one team really signed up to it and went on a proper PR drive the money they could make from it would be unreal, the amount of people i see wearing Yankees gear over here as a fashion statement lets us know that the market is here.

Pakistan and India look like they may go to England to play a one day (cricket) series there as they are aware of the growing market if its good enough for them (and India is currently according to Nike the BIGGEST sports francse there is) then I can see no commercial reasond for the NFL not to.

Im sure for the jets the midgets etc the travelling time would be much shorter than travelling to Seatlle.

Please dont send dallas though their fans are far to ugly :dallasuck

Archived