Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Regular Season Game In London!!

Sherlock Holmes

Just saw on SKY TV here in England an interview with the NFL Europe vice president.

Basically he said, there is an 80% probabilty that an NFL game played on Sept 24 or October 1st between two AFC teams (BOTH SUPERBOWL CONTENDERS) will be played at new wembley stadium london next season. He said they are very far foward in negotiations and within 3 weeks there wil be a decision to whether there is a game played.

Considering that the game isnt involving The Skins, i dont see any reason to be negative about this. So please dont be considering that there are a lot of NFL fans here in England and in fact Europe. I'll be there in Wembley, and hopefully in Washington as well fingers crossed for a game next year, wearing my Skins Jersey cheering on whoever i see fit if it all goes ahead.

If i hadnt already bet my avatar on Campbell starting...id bet it on there being a nfl game in london next year. woohoo!!:) :) :)

I just got back from London on Thursday. Get this...I was over there for a superbowl party (as well as visit some family). My cousin played for his uni team in Reading (caught a game too)...and they have a huge party every year. It was a great time...and I was really surprised at all the real fans. Met a fellow Canuck at the bowl party and a bunch from the US...ranging from Cali, North Dakota and Pitt. I remember little about the game....!

I just got back from London on Thursday. Get this...I was over there for a superbowl party (as well as visit some family). My cousin played for his uni team in Reading (caught a game too)...and they have a huge party every year. It was a great time...and I was really surprised at all the real fans. Met a fellow Canuck at the bowl party and a bunch from the US...ranging from Cali, North Dakota and Pitt.

see. there is genuine support for the game over here.

What an awful idea for the franchises involved... Both teams have to travel an absurd distance and one team loses a home game, unless they somehow schedule it so it's an away game for both teams. Granted arizona and san fran played in mexico, but come on, that wasn't going to affect anyone's playoff hopes.

What's the travel time for New England to go to San Diego? Its only a 6-7 hour flight to London form Boston.

I don't think the travel time is a factor, the timezone difference when you go from west to east can be a large factor. I'm not sure why but when I go east to west its not too bad, but west to east it really hits me. Others I have talked to have said the same.

If greater support can be gained for the game across the world, we have a better chance of getting American Football into the Olympics. Yet another example of our world dominance! ;)

A team that's truly in contention for the SB will be able to overcome playing in a neutral stadium and the time zone issues that come with it. Just because it's a home game doesn't mean that a team is not going to receive support from the fans. Rugby players travel routinely between South Africa and New Zealand and points further; I think two of our teams can handle it once.

that would be sweet for a game in london

not if you are a season ticket holder who misses out on a home game... there are only 8 Sunday's a year like it and I doubt I'm the only one who looks forward to them like they some of the greatest days of the year... to take one away from Skins fans would be a nightmare for us fans.... and a nightmare for Snyder too... unless the financial package was big enough.

Archived