Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm not a republican...

mhd24

Sounds like an exception in the Senate. I consider myself an independent and although I voted on the "anybody but Bush" ticket in this past election, I would strongly support McCain if he were to run in 2008. Fiscal responsibility must be the number one issue, especially with China and India's economies booming ahead while we keep running huge deficits. One of my major problems with W's idea of a preventitive or preemptive war was how much it would cost our country. Think of all the money we are spending on an unnecessary war right now and how that money could be better spent. $223 million on the bridge to nowhere and other examples of pork barrell politics should be an embarrassment and a major scandal for any sitting politician. It makes me wonder about our democracy when issues like gay marriage largely overshadow deficit spending and fiscal responsibility to the average voter. Sadly, it might have to get much worse before important issues like this resonate with the average American voter.

Archived