Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Andy Really Gonna Pick Another WR?

tr1

Considering AR's keen eye for WR talent, the kid should have run away before the intro...

"Another player the Birds have interested in is local product and Notre Dame grad Maurice Stovall. Reid walked right up to Archbishop Carroll alum Stovall and introduced himself to the wide receiver. Stovall is 6-foot-5, but was mostly absent through the first three years of his college career until head coach Charlie Weis installed a pro-style offense. He could go as early as the second round, but I suspect the Eagles wouldn't take him until the third round were he still available."

http://jeffplay.blogspot.com/

The easiest way to diffuse tr1 is to just engage him on what he is asking. When you call him out for his obvious pitiful trolling techniques, you are giving him what he wants and I, for one, refuse to do that ever again.

Onto the question that was asked. Yes, I do think the Eagles might be looking for another receiver to play the X position that Pinkston occupies/occupied. I don't see the Eagles taking another big receiver but more of a dynamic burner like Holmes.

Finally, you do know that Reid's eye for talent secured Reggie Brown, correct?

Umm, the Eagles HAVE to pick another WR, seeing as their number one guy at the moment is Todd Pinkston.

Reggie Brown is the number 1. But to be totally honest, there aren't number 1's, number 2's, or number 3's on most football teams. Just letters like X, Y, Z, etc. Football 101.

Reggie Brown is the number 1. But to be totally honest, there aren't number 1's, number 2's, or number 3's on most football teams. Just letters like X, Y, Z, etc. Football 101.

I don't know if he knows the offense well enough to be the primary target.

I remember thinking that Greg Lewis could take on more of a role, and look how that turned out.

It will really depend on Pinkston. He knew exactly what his responsibilities were, when to adjust routes, and he was fast and tall.

If he doesn't come back with speed, that's really tough on the WR corps.

I'm actually not 100% sold on Brown, but he looks good. I'd want him.

I don't know if he knows the offense well enough to be the primary target.

I remember thinking that Greg Lewis could take on more of a role, and look how that turned out.

It will really depend on Pinkston. He knew exactly what his responsibilities were, when to adjust routes, and he was fast and tall.

If he doesn't come back with speed, that's really tough on the WR corps.

I'm actually not 100% sold on Brown, but he looks good. I'd want him.

Greg Lewis isnt an X or a Y....that's why he failed. He is dominant out of the Slot position, as 2004 showed. We are going to move him back there and be just fine.

Brown will be playing the same position he started at for the last 10 games of 2005....only this time with a much better QB throwing him the ball.

Greg Lewis isnt an X or a Y....that's why he failed. He is dominant out of the Slot position, as 2004 showed. We are going to move him back there and be just fine.

Brown will be playing the same position he started at for the last 10 games of 2005....only this time with a much better QB throwing him the ball.

I agree with you about Greg in the slot.

I also thought the much maligned Freddy Mitchell was a very good slot receiver for the Eagles.

tr1, who are the Skins going to pick in the first round ?

I did a search to see your opinions on the Skins offseason moves.... oddly enough, you don't seem to have many.

... Not sure if you meant this seriously, but we don't have a first round pick. Not really on topic either.

The easiest way to diffuse tr1 is to just engage him on what he is asking. When you call him out for his obvious pitiful trolling techniques, you are giving him what he wants and I, for one, refuse to do that ever again.

Onto the question that was asked. Yes, I do think the Eagles might be looking for another receiver to play the X position that Pinkston occupies/occupied. I don't see the Eagles taking another big receiver but more of a dynamic burner like Holmes.

Ding ding ding. :applause:

On to what you said about the real question, did Reggie Brown have a good year in place of TO? I thought it was pretty average against most teams, besides us of course. I could be incorrect though.

There is however people who quarterbacks generally like to go to. These are in essence the #1 guy that people speak of. Like Randy Moss, Owen, Smith, Moss. Nobody really besides the media points out who is #1, the players know tho.

As for the QB, let's see how he heals up from the hernia. It can heal 100%, but there are some players who never are the same. I remember Matt Birk talking about how the injury affected him. He had the surgery, then developed another hernia on the other side, because of compensation.

Granted he's a center, so he has a different frame, but still.

It will be interesting to see if they target a different backup QB.

Oh really? So Santana Moss isn't the primary target on the Redskins? Mushin Muhammad on the Bears? Steve Smith on the Panthers? Deion Branch on the Patriots? Hines Ward on the Steelers? Tory Holt on the Rams? Chad Johnson on the Bengals? Terrell Owens wasn't the primary target on the Eagles, and the 49ers before that?

Please. The number one receiver is the first guy the QB looks for when he drops back. And almost every team has one. You can tell who it is because at the end of the year, he has a slew of catches more than the next guy. Besides, you yourself just said that Brown "is the number 1." So spare me the patronizing "Football 101" crap. I know the coaches don't refer to the receivers as 1, 2, 3, etc., (except for Mike Tice, when he did the Randy Ratio, but that's another story) but that doesn't mean a heirarchy doesn't exist.

So who are the eagles getting for there good QB? Tell me tell me. LOL

Yes, I do think the Eagles might be looking for another receiver to play the X position that Pinkston occupies/occupied. I don't see the Eagles taking another big receiver but more of a dynamic burner like Holmes.

I agree. Holmes would be a great pick up for the eagles. Living near columbus i've seen him play many times. I think he's the best receiver in the draft by far and will be a great addition to any offense he goes to. As much as I'd hate to see him go to the eagles, I'd be happy for him---a pass oriented offense with a quarterback that could get him the ball.

As for reggie brown, good receiver that impressed me last year, but i was embarrassed for the eagles with his ****iness. I mean i'm all for td celebrations and all but sometimes guys like chad johnson take it overboard and its worse when its a rookie. Give me a break. Other than that good player. I just hope somebody takes holmes before you have a shot at him.

Archived