Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For all you media followers....

painfulyetloyal

How will Seattle be remembered with reguards to Superbowl XL?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How will Seattle be remembered with reguards to Superbowl XL?

• Remembered as the team who lost the Superbowl because of the Refs.
    • Remembered as the team who whined about the refs, the only Superbowl losers not to take it like men.
    • They won't be remembered at all. It's the Superbowl winners that are remembered.

For all of you who lost your minds when the guys on espn didnt include the Skins in their top five for next season. Woody Paige on Cold Pizza had the skins as his #4 team, are we happy now? :applause:

It's not a matter of being happy if we are predicted to be good or not. I was making a point of how the media hates the Skins. It is more than obvious that there are quite a few explayers and so called experts, that get so mad that we are a successful org. I do believe that it is Danny Boy that is the biggest reason for that. I do though, think that Joe Gibbs is very respected all around the league. I wish they would take Tom Jackson and Irvin off ESPN. Steve Young and Jaws seem to be the only two that are resonable in that group

It's not a matter of being happy if we are predicted to be good or not. I was making a point of how the media hates the Skins. It is more than obvious that there are quite a few explayers and so called experts, that get so mad that we are a successful org. I do believe that it is Danny Boy that is the biggest reason for that. I do though, think that Joe Gibbs is very respected all around the league. I wish they would take Tom Jackson and Irvin off ESPN. Steve Young and Jaws seem to be the only two that are resonable in that group

You kind of contradict yourself a little bit. My thing is, I could care less who thinks we have a shot in 2006. I dont care why people dont respect the organization. I would put a whole lot more stock into what these so called experts say about our chances if they had any insight what-so-ever as how the standings will turn out. Fact is, they dont have any more of an idea than we do. I posted on that thread last night, about the espn guys not putting us in any of their top fives. What I said was that watching them from the beginning, they started with the playoff teams from the previous year. As the early weeks went on and those teams that they originally picked were losing games, those teams would slip down their lists until they were eventually gone and some of the teams that they had originally ignored were starting to show up on their lists by mid season. My point is that they dont have a clue, none of them, and Im not going to have a bad day because some biased commentator or journalist whos track record is no better than mine or yours doesnt pick my team as a legit contender. Its ridiculous that people hang on their every word, and a lot of people do, otherwise they wouldnt post their picks in the first place. They dont like to put themselves out there by going out on a limb like they did by picking Miami, that surprised me. I like being under the radar.

Happy ? who cares what they write. they cant really make a reasonable choice. Draft still lots of FA trades forth comming, preseason .. just my :2cents:

Hey, I want the media to disrespect us. That way our guys are less likely to get the idea that they are worth big bux, and won't make ridiculous salary demands. That's one reason teams that win a lot can't stay together more than a few years, they can't keep all their players under the salary cap. Win a couple of Superbowls and all your players want really big money when their contracts are up.

Archived