Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insiders:Skins To Wear White

well, we played well in the white unis at Tampa, and wearing the retros at home we got clobbered...SOS repeatedly mentioned that Danny seemed to have trouble at FedEx this preseason (personally I think it had more to do with the Steelers and Patriots 1st string D but hey), so it is clear that he is a tad superstitious...but maybe it really is just because of the heat...not that it will effect the Cards at all, they practice in the friggin' desert

I know Spuirrier said they will wear their whites when they play the Cowboys at home but that is not until the last week of the season. :?:

Maybe they will unveil a white retro jersey????? :silly: or maybe it is just the heat, I know some NFL Teams in hot climates, Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa Bay, Carolina and Arizona wear their whites at home early in the season.

Right you are, gentleman...

Redskins to wear white By John Keim

The Redskins retro look will be ditched--at least for one game. Washington will wear its white jerseys and traditional helmets for Sunday's opener against Arizona.

The reason? Heat. Washington coach Steve Spurrier, mindful of the mid-80-degree temperatures expected for Sunday, wants to lessen the heat on his players. They'll return to the retro look for the Monday night game against Philadelphia.

Meanwhile, Spurrier had his own way of adjusting to the heat after practice. He worked with a few players with his shirt off.

''Just working on my tan,'' he said.

Yo fuji, I dont think they can have white retro jerseys due to their contract agreement with reebok. I'm pretty sure they have to have something resembling the regular reebok jersey.

For those of us actually going to the game, I think we will need to make some adjustments in our gameday gear. I will now have to roll with the Redskins Shorts instead of the windbreaker pants. Also, I think I will leave my Redskins skully at home since that just traps the heat in.

Either way, I was kind of looking forward to the unveiling of the Retros for the regular season in the opener, but I think it will be a great opportunity for us to show them off for the first time on the monday nighter against Philly when we beat them down too.

Originally posted by cowboykilla

Yo fuji, I dont think they can have white retro jerseys due to their contract agreement with reebok. I'm pretty sure they have to have something resembling the regular reebok jersey.

They have that agreement w/Reebok that is why they have to go back to the Traditional Red Uniforms in 2003.

Man...look at all these responses about a pretty insignificant matter. You can tell that we are really ready for the season to start. Hurry up Sunday. Arrington has a game of 52 card pickup after the D shuffles the deck! Boy did that suck. I need football..I need football....

If Spurrier thinks that the white jerseys are going to keep our players cooler on the field, I am all for it. Well, that changes what I was going to wear to the game. I was going to wear my D. Green #28 retro jersey, but instead I am going to wear my Riggins #44 white jersey. I guess I will be cooler too.:D

Archived