Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports Center top 10 plays in the playoffs???

mcarey032

I understand that we only won one game in the playoffs, but to get zippy top ten plays in the playoffs while overrated Brian Urlacher got #8 for his interception in their playoff game. Carson Palmer's throw was number 10 and he was hurt? How come Sean Taylor's playoff touchdown was not included??? I know that the offense was not great in that game, but that play was better than a regular interception and carson palmer's long pass. How did we get screwedt this badly???? I guess we will have to make the super bowl next year just to get their respect. Not that I would want it. To summarize it all, we got no plays in the top 10 of the playoffs! That is just rediculous!

1.:whoknows:

2. :laugh: no it wasn't

3. yes it was, and the game winner

1. Its a pet peeve of mine.

2. The man jumped up, and pulled the ball out of the air with 1 hand.

3. All ST did, was run to the endzone with hardly anyone in front of him. What was great about the play?

Yes I apologize for the spelling error. I am typing so fast that I am not always checking spelling. There is no way that the int. by urlacher is better than the ST fumble recovery. He had to get that ball out of a pile and then pick it up and run it back. The bears lost in their one and only game at home.

3. All ST did, was run to the endzone with hardly anyone in front of him. What was great about the play?

Watch the play again. Watch where Sean is when Marcus first gets up. Sean Taylor raced across field, beat everybody to the ball and scooped it up in full stride for the game winning fumble return.

I'd like to see anyone else do that.

I've been a lurker for pretty much the entire season here, and now for the offseason I figured I'd start posting, maybe gain some wisdom from fellow fans...the one thing I've noticed however is how people on this board get so wound up over anything on TV about the Redskins. If they don't say anything about them, it's because the media hates the Redskins and ignores them. If they do say something, there's always some kind of hidden anti-Redskins agenda. What's the big deal if a play by the Redskins isn't on some SportsCenter countdown? Yes, Sean Taylor's play was incredibly athletic and showed great field awareness of the situation, but there are also people who would probably argue Urlacher jumping up as high as he did to pull down a one-handed interception, thus stopping a rolling Carolina offense for that drive would be a great play too. But who knows, hating the Redskins must be a requirement to work any job whatsoever for ESPN.

I understand that we only won one game in the playoffs, but to get zippy top ten plays in the playoffs while overrated Brian Urlacher got #8 for his interception in their playoff game. Carson Palmer's throw was number 10 and he was hurt? How come Sean Taylor's playoff touchdown was not included??? I know that the offense was not great in that game, but that play was better than a regular interception and carson palmer's long pass. How did we get screwedt this badly???? I guess we will have to make the super bowl next year just to get their respect. Not that I would want it. To summarize it all, we got no plays in the top 10 of the playoffs! That is just rediculous!

Ignore it, that whole defence was overrated let alone their team. Did you see their schedule?

The bears really didn't stop the carolina offense. How many passing yards did they give up? 220 some odd yards? 3 touchdowns to steve smith? In my mind a meaningless int. makes it and a game winning touchdown to advance gets no respect. Yes, the redskins made the playoffs and they were left out as if they hadn't won a game at all! So yes, I am going to stick up for my team and say that it isn't right that were left out.

What I am saying is that the redskins got the shaft and they give a play to patriots. They are out. They gave a play to the broncos. They are out. They gave a play to the Broncos. They are out. I have no problem with teams that did something and won. But Urlacher???? They lost and they didn't even score! Come on now!

In reguards to Gibbs playing Brunell....Maybe its because he has 0% confidence in Patrick Ramsey. I don't like brunell, but Ramsey has made some pretty bad decisions. He did do well in the giants...but that was at the friendly confines of Fed Ex. If he had to play on the road, I think that the scenario could have been much worse. Who knows though??? Maybe Al Saunders will be able to make Ramsey into the next Super Bowl Season Mark Rypien?

Archived