Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Headline News: Timmy Smith Reaches Plea Deal in Drug Case

SkinsTillIDie

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7002145326

Denver, Colorado (AHN) - Former NFL running back and Super Bowl record-holder Timmy Smith has reached a plea deal with prosecutors in the cocaine-trafficking case against him, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.

Smith, 42, was indicted by a federal grand jury last fall on nine counts of cocaine distribution. He was arrested along with his brother, Christopher, 35, after a six-month undercover operation by agents of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration. Both men are free on $15,000 bail each.

Jeff Dorschner, spokesman for U.S. Attorney Bill Leone, said the ex-Washington Redskins star would appear in court on March 9, but declined to specify what charges Smith would plead guilty to.

I bet most Cowboy fans don't know who Timmy Smith is...and probably about half the Redskins fans don't. Except for the SB against the Broncos, he's a complete unknown.

I believe he had 100 yards in the 88 home opener against the Steelers before really falling off. I think we won 29-27 or something close to that score.

Archived