Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Quarterback Story- About Me, Related to the Brunell-Campbell Situation

RamsTheMan

How lame is it to write a story about comparing your story to an NFL player? Very lame.. especially when you write about how you made players around you better. Way to toot your own horn. You should just sit down and write a book about how great you are. Then you could read that same book over and over again, because nobody else would give a crap.

Nobody ever wants to hear anybody say how great they are.

Dude, that's a little harsh, no?

The one thing that I noted in your story is what I hope occurs with Campbell this year, and that is the team stepping up their games because they know he's a youngster in there. That will happen as long as the team believes that he can become The Man at QB, even if his development isn't far enough to be The Man just yet. You've seen it happen in Pittsburgh with Roethlisberger, and in New York with Manning.

How lame is it to write a story about comparing your story to an NFL player? Very lame.. especially when you write about how you made players around you better. Way to toot your own horn. You should just sit down and write a book about how great you are. Then you could read that same book over and over again, because nobody else would give a crap.

Nobody ever wants to hear anybody say how great they are.

I wasn't really tooting my horn per say. I was just saying that before all this happened, the team underachieved, but I just suggested they were somehow motivated by my actions or my overacheiving. My apologies if you didn't like it.

That story is cool and all, but in no way does it equate to the current Redskins sitauation at QB. Nice try. Did you get to start the next season as QB or what?

No, I didn't get to start the next season due to a couple of reasons.

1) The Coach was fired

2) After spending time in the hospital not being able to eat anything but the poor food they supplied me, I lost a couple pounds in muscle I couldn't gain back.

3) I had to move to Maryland.

Which is why I distinctly remember that year.

Coming into the last game, I felt that I had a shot at some Div 1-A colleges or something, but I was being probaly a bit arrogant. After I got injured, I knew there wasn't a shot, especially with the new coach seeing my measurements, basically being 5'11, now 140 something. The same thing would have to happen with my next season as the first. Also, he switched to almost all pass offense, and most of them were very deep routes, something I had never specialized in.

It all went against me, but after not making the team up here the following year, I decided it was in my best intrest to just not play the game anymore.

Interesting tale. Sorry, however, I don't think that Gibbs shares your sentiment. Our new OC-Assistant Head Coach will tell you that he believes very deeply in experienced quarterbacks like Brunell and Trent Green. He knows that we have the weaponry in place to win a Super Bowl next year. Our defense is at the top of its game, and with Saunders, our offense, with a few small changes like a decent #2 possession receiver and an excellent playcaller, will work wonders.

Why do you want to start the rebuilding process all over again with 2nd year QB who will take at least a year to be able to fit into the system, has had numerous problems adapting to the NFL already and has NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER to bring us to a Super Bowl, probably not even the playoffs - when you have a QB who, though he was sometimes inconsistent, nearly took us to the NFC Championship in only his second year on the team.

We lost Randy Thomas, the Seahawks assigned a safety to Portis and double-covered Moss when they could (our only real receivers) and they stacked the box against Portis. If we had one other receiver who had a lick of talent and had Thomas blocking for Portis we would have killed them in both the running and passing game. We had a team very, very comparable to the Panthers, and look at what the Seahags did to their QB and offense vs. ours. Brunell did do a tad bit better than Delhomme when both of our running games were shut down, didn't he?

In retrospect, your "analogous" story was pretty dumb. I'd rather start Ramsey over Campbell right now. Did you see any of training camp last year? Did you watch any clips of practice this year? Campbell isn't ready to start in the NFL - he'd end up being a Brooks Bollinger right now, not a Carson Palmer. He needs to sit out another year, at least until Brunell is injured if that happens to happen.

Brunell, Portis, and Moss led us to the playoffs when everyone had written them off at the beginning of the year. And I don't care what you have to say, if not for Brunell, Moss wouldn't have done much better than Toeverneus Coles.

Brunell can still lead us to a Super Bowl. I don't care whether you believe that or not...to me the there are only two important things:

I believe in Brunell.

Joe Gibbs believes in Brunell.

Enough said. Hail.

:point2sky

:notworthy :notworthy

Ahhhhhhhh...it so nice to see someone talking some sense about our QB situation. Here's to an even better year from Brunell this year. :cheers:

Archived