Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats up with Tech athletes?

Spaceman Spiff

Tech sucks. They always have and always will. This is the only way they can truly try to compete with Miami and FSU. So, which school will end up with the most thugs and felons??? Will have to wait until Felon Bowl, I guess.
please.....miami's got 5 guys in the all acedemic awards...2 or 3 behind Duke....we also have a high graduation percentage of athletes...thugs my ass......none of our players get into trouble like VT and FSU

One incident in football and one minor one in basketball hardly

means that college has "thug" teams. Everyone posting otherwise

should post the name of thier favorite college and we will see just

how squeaky clean they are.

I think the ACC is strong, but it does not have anyone that could contend for a national title, at least for the past two years. I say this with limited knowledge of the college game though. I admit that every year the powers shift, I know enough that outside of Miami (a hard to predict program in itself), I do not see a national-championship worthy team in that conference. Granted, just having one great team does not make for a great conference (Texas and its conference?), but I would place the SEC a notch higher than the ACC just because all the teams there have to run through an absolute gauntlet of above-average to good teams. In the ACC, I feel there are only 4 truly quality teams; Miami, UFA, F-State, and Tech (until it chokes). WVU is impossible for me to figure out. Even though last year was a down year for the SEC, ranking the conferences in general is too damn hard to do, and an argument could just as easily be made for the ACC as being the strongest conference. With that said, I was just responding to his assertation that the UVA win was meaningful. I don't think I have had my eyes roll that hard in a long time.

Who is UFA, and since when is WVU in the ACC?

And the UVA win, for state bragging rights, rivalry, and recruiting is always huge. It would be like saying our win over the Campo led Cowboys was meaningless

In rivalries, it never is

Who is UFA, and since when is WVU in the ACC?

And the UVA win, for state bragging rights, rivalry, and recruiting is always huge. It would be like saying our win over the Campo led Cowboys was meaningless

In rivalries, it never is

I hate UVA, I loved that you guys thrashed them, but first off, how long have you been in the same conference as them? I honestly do not know, but it does not seem like a long time. If it was a 50 year rivalry, yes, it is a rivalry. As of now basically every school in Virginia wants to beat UVA, and its nothing on par with a Cowboys Redskins rivalry. I would not recommend equating the two.

I hate UVA, I loved that you guys thrashed them, but first off, how long have you been in the same conference as them? I honestly do not know, but it does not seem like a long time. If it was a 50 year rivalry, yes, it is a rivalry. As of now basically every school in Virginia wants to beat UVA, and its nothing on par with a Cowboys Redskins rivalry. I would not recommend equating the two.

Tech-UVA goes way way way back to the 40s. Tech entered the ACC in 2004, but has played UVA every year since the early 40s, and with instate bragging rights, and the fact oh the schools hate each other (take a look at our message boards, www.techsideline.com, and www.thesabre.com) it is a MAJOR rivalry for each school

Every year the "commonwealth cup" is awarded to the winner. It currently resides in its home in Blacksburg

commonwealth.jpg

Archived