Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about the Lavar situation.

SKINZ33

I know theres been a lot of talk about the whole Lavar thing (Staying? Going? Trade?) and thats its getting somewhat tiresome. I just need some help from you all in understanding one thing...

Lets say Lavar and the skins agree to restructure his contract, what exactly would they do in terms of the numbers that would help the team cap wise? if thats what it would do.

Just trying to gain more of an understanding in that area. thanks.

Not that this issue hasnt been hashed out a ton...

But I believe what would happen is the roster bonus he is due to recieve, which would count in one lump sum against the cap this year, would basicaly be spread out over the next 4 years, so it would save about 5 million this year.

But I believe what would happen is the roster bonus he is due to recieve, which would count in one lump sum against the cap this year, would basicaly be spread out over the next 4 years, so it would save about 5 million this year.

Cool. Thats all I wanted to know. Sorry if its been mentioned a lot, still kinda new, figuring things out on this board. Thanks

That's the way I understand it also. This way, Lavar still gets his money but it is spread out to save us cap room.

Archived