Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Last time Seattle beat a team with a winning record out of Washington State was....

Inxsive

Last time Seattle beat a team with a winning record out of Washington State was DECEMBER 15, 2002. Think about that folks, Over 37 months since they proved anything on the road. They have a very good home field advantage, traveling across the country to play in a dreary city obviously is an advantage for the Hawks. Their fans are very loud and the stadium is designed to take advantage of it as well. Maybe the withdrawal from the caffeine and weed may contribute but they are just terrible on the road. They deserve to be in the Superbowl, they beat almost everybody they played on the league's 32nd toughest schedule. They might even win, someone has to occupy the weakest Superbowl champion spot. Based on their history, I think a double digit loss seems much more likely.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a Seahawks fan by any means and believe the Steelers will win this game and start to pull away in the 3rd quarter. That said, right before the game against the Redskins, :mad: , ( this hurts), we were all treated to the fact that they Seahawks hadn't won a playoff game in a far longer time than 37 months. I will agree with one thing, this is far from a home game for them.

I think Seattle was better than us when we played them out there. I'm not saying they don't deserve to be in the Superbowl. I read a posting from someone else a day or two ago who put it this way; 80 teams have made it to the Superbowl and in two weeks there will be 40 teams who have won it, there is going to be a top team and a bottom team in both categories. I'm just saying Seattle should be considered at the bottom. I have yet to see an argument showing any facts to the contrary. These forums are for discussion and debate. Most of what I read as responses are insults and people saying I am just bitter. The only thing I'm bitter about was how rude and barbaric their fans were at the game. The loss is easy to accept, their behavior wasn't. Apparently all the beauty goes into the scenery not the residents.

The only thing I'm bitter about was how rude and barbaric their fans were at the game. The loss is easy to accept, their behavior wasn't. Apparently all the beauty goes into the scenery not the residents.

I am beginning to think that I am the only Skins fan that had a good experience at that game. I had no problems whatsoever. Yeah there was some good natured ribbing, but nothing that I wouldn't expect anywhere else. And YES, I had my face paint on and I was decked out in Skins gear from head to toe.

I am sorry that you had a bad experience man. Don't let it affect the way that you view the city or the people. I lived there for 10 years and some of the nicest people that I have ever met live there.

I am beginning to think that I am the only Skins fan that had a good experience at that game. I had no problems whatsoever. Yeah there was some good natured ribbing, but nothing that I wouldn't expect anywhere else. And YES, I had my face paint on and I was decked out in Skins gear from head to toe.

I am sorry that you had a bad experience man. Don't let it affect the way that you view the city or the people. I lived there for 10 years and some of the nicest people that I have ever met live there.

I lived in Washington state for a year and had very good friends out there but I couldn't believe how violent their fans were, I had people tripping me, pushing me, intentionally running into me, pouring beer on me and spitting on me. I went their expection to be harrassed not assaulted. Granted I was alone and I'm sure it made me an easier target. Only my desire to actually see the game kept me from getting into a dozen fights. I never once started anything with these people. You always run into a few idiots at road games, however the widespead anger before, during and even after they won was amazing. A friend who lives there put it best I think, she said people arn't that laid back and friendly there they just like to look that way. You know what I find most telling is that there are still Hawks fans scanning the Redskins boards when they have played a team since playing us and they have a Superbowl ahead them.

I think Seattle is pretty clearly the best team in the NFC.

I also think that Seattle would be lucky to be a wild card in the AFC. I mean' date=' wouldn't San Diego be favored over Seattle on a neutral field?[/quote']

The are the best HOME team in the NFC. They have one of the best home field advantages in the league, who wants to fly to the edge of civilation to do anything more than fish, hike, or ski. Their schedule next year gets a little more difficult however they still get to play 9 games against teams with double digit loses this year,by contrast the Skins get 6 (same as last year) . At least Seattle has to play the likes of Tampa, KC, Den and Chicago on the road. Being a part of the leagues worst division is quite handy though. An easy schedule and good home field advatage seems to be a good receipe to to advance in the playoffs, beat all the crappy teams during the regular season, get a bye, play no higher than a 4 seed in the 2nd round and if your lucky never have to play a great team until the Superbowl. Sign us up!

I think Seattle is pretty clearly the best team in the NFC.

I also think that Seattle would be lucky to be a wild card in the AFC. I mean' date=' wouldn't San Diego be favored over Seattle on a neutral field?[/quote']LOL seattle the best team? what are u smoking?

Archived