Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we cant resign Ryan Clark...

RunPortisRun

Ryan Clark's play has improved dramatically.

He used to be out of position on every play.

Now it's only every so often. ;)

Seriously, I used to scream his name in disgust, like I used to with Ade Jimoh. Now it's in praise. Same with Jimoh. I want to see both of them back next year.

I will be pissed off more about Clark leaving then any other past Redskin. Call me crazy but he has done NOTHING but play his heart out and give thanks to the organization everytime a camera is in his face. Not only will he knock your block off but he is a yes sir yes mam type of guy and obviously wants to be here. Thank god we have Gibbs. I think there is 0 chance of him leaving.

Who are you going to be pissed at? If someone offers him silly money, we can't resign him. He's a good player who plays hard, but he's not an All-Pro and if someone wants to overpay (like they did with Smoot), we can't rise to that bait. I want to see him back, too, but not at all costs. If he obviously wants to be here, he'll sign a deal that's easy on the cap. Period.

I really feel like we need to go get a solid FS as Taylor is listed as our FS but we use him so close to the line like a SS I am just tired of watching our SS Clark, Pearson, bowen have to cover like a FS when we blitz Taylor. I think that if we use Sean as a SS so much our real need is another FS. Clark can't cover Pearson is too small and bowen is too slow.

I did see someone in this board saying that they wanted CB Clements from BUF and move Springs to FS I am all for that Idea. I just want to see whoever the safety opposite Taylor that they can cover people TE's, RB's, WR's which as our current situation stands I don't believe they can!!

HAIL

Is there a link to any article mentioning a late career switch for Shawn Springs to safety?? It makes sense that in a a year or two he makes the switch as he gets up in age a bit. It would be a huge upgrade in terms of coverage and would allow Taylor to play closer to the line of scrimmage. The only negative is hitting becasue I'm not sure if Springs can hit well enough to play safety?

I really feel like we need to go get a solid FS as Taylor is listed as our FS but we use him so close to the line like a SS I am just tired of watching our SS Clark, Pearson, bowen have to cover like a FS when we blitz Taylor.

Actually, we do play Taylor like a FS. He's just so versatile that we can use him in other ways. Alot of good free safeties are sent in for the blitz anyway.

Clark isn't going anywhere, again, a case of us fans overhyping him

he's a hard hitter, but a liability in coverage

he'll be resigned and back in rotation

exactly...this guy is a liablity in coverage. he's got alot of heart though. i dont think that he is necessarily the best player that we could get to play SS though. I would like to see another safety signed...

list of free agent safeties

http://www.theredzone.org/2006/freeagents/showposition.asp?Position=S

Archived