Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Musgrave to interview with the Falcons for QBs coach position...

wilbur58z

I don't understand the hate on Musgrave in this thread. I thought he did a nice job while he was here. I agree that I think he is looking long term and wants to be a coordinator again. With the hiring of Saunders, Musgrave was kind of put on the back burner. Atlanta will give him more opportunities and more input in the offense and, as one poster said, he will be returning to the WCO. I wish him luck and hope he does well down there. Just not against the skins. I don't see Gibbs not wishing him well and allowing him to leave without any complications even though he is under contract and it is a lateral move.

Well put

Well, clearly I am in the minority here who thinks Bill needs to STFU and honor his contract.

As I alluded to in an earlier post, if some team wants to swoop in and offer Betts a starting RB position (IE: a "promotion"), they are forbidden to do so because of tampering rules. The player has to honor the contract.

So why don't the same rules apply to coaches?

Sorry, but if it comes down to Musgrave's best interests versus the team's, I could care less what he wants. You should have signed a one year deal, sucka. Same to you deWayne.

Of course there's no point in keeping the guy if he's going to be a crank about it, but there should at least be some sort of financial penalty or compensation.

How do you even know that Gibbs wants him around anymore? With Saunders coming in, and Burns, Breaux, and Gibbs not going anywhere, what does that really leave for Musgrave to do?

Archived