Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Gibbs Should do with this Draft 06

SkinsTerps26

Forget a rushing DE or a WR in the draft. We should pull all the tricks out of the bag to obtain the duke from MARYLAND. Move over al

#18 Vernon Davis Age: 21

Born: January 31, 1984

Height: 6-3

Weight: 250 lbs.

Pos: TE

Class: Junior

Birth Place: Washington, DC<~~~~

REC 51 | YDS 871 | TD 6

Owns school strength records for a tight end in bench (460), power clean (355), vertical jump (40 inches), index (797), squat (685) and 40-yard dash time (4.41) ... the second-highest strength index on the team

He was more of an H-back last year, lining up at tight end, fullback and wide receiver ... could return kicks this year ... has become a complete tight end as he is now an outstanding blocker ... size and speed create crazy matchup problems

Finalist for the John Mackey Award

ABSOLUTE ANIMAL

look, but think burgandy and gold instead of red and underarmor

http://umterps.collegesports.com/fridgetv/video-iframe.html?&url=http://mfile.akamai.com/16410/wmv/mlbcs.download.akamai.com/16410/open/umd/2005/mfb/video/archive10/100605-vernon-davis-all-american.asx

This one might work, takes a while

http://media.putfile.com/VernonUNCTD

And yes i realize im acting like you guys haven't heard of him when he plays down the street. Him and cooley moss and another wr and portis would be like trying to solve a rubix blindfolded, with one arm for any DC outthere

solve a rubiks cube blindfolded. If we were able to come up with Veron Davis it would be a dream come true. He's going to be an amazing player but will be drafted pretty high in the 1st round.

Even if we were able to get a draft pick that high we should go after a top flight DE. This is our biggest need and we need to draft a WR in the 2nd round along with pick one up in FA.

god, there are about 400 threads on this, just because your opinion differs doesnt mean you have to start a new thread on it, post on one of the others

yo just ignore it. Its a thread i don't think god needs to hear you whine. I didn't say stop posing about your miserable date with your miserable gf cuz im tiered of hearing the same story told from other guys on this board. If i want to post about the duke, I can. I did the search and didn't see the same post that I put up. GOD

I thought about it and realize that a DE isnt that important as of now(It is but it can wait). Yes I think Gibbs should go for a TE or a CB.

If there are two glaring needs on this team, it's youth at DE and a compliment to Moss at WR. A TE when we have Cooley and a CB when we just drafted Rogers would be a luxury. We need depth at CB and that can be had in the later rounds... as can TEs as was proven when we picked up Cooley in the 3rd.

IMO, depth at OL is much more of a need right now than TE or CB.

Yeah but youth at DE and a 2nd round WR would not be as sweet as VD (of course wed probably have to give up like half our staff to get that high of a pick... but maybe gibbs collected all the good coaches to entice teams to trade 1st round draft picks with coaches, we do have 20.... just a thought.

i know, its just everythings already been said like 5 times already. Theres always like couple hundred of us thinking were puttin up the newest thing and there it is... 5 pages of what you want to put up, disected and done

so... VD is a redskins fan I hear. Thats the best kind of character a man could have; and Joe loves talented football players with character

solve a rubiks cube blindfolded. If we were able to come up with Veron Davis it would be a dream come true. He's going to be an amazing player but will be drafted pretty high in the 1st round.

Even if we were able to get a draft pick that high we should go after a top flight DE. This is our biggest need and we need to draft a WR in the 2nd round along with pick one up in FA.

It's been stated by numerous members of our coaching staff, players, members of this board, members of the media, etc. Hell, probably even George W knows it.

DE is not the greatest need this team has. It never has been, and it never will be as long as Gregg Williams is our D coordinator. It's simply a matter of scheme. Would it be nice? Yes, but only if the guy can also play ther run well. But bottom line it's not a crippling need and we have others that potentially are. I would say Corner is actually a bigger area of need on defense, along with O-line depth, and the elephant in the room; Receiver depth on O. I say receiver because it doesn't matter to me where the guy lines up. If he can be a consistent threat to take heat off of Moss and Cooley, as well as help open things up for Portis, He could be diet pepsi machine for all I care.

edited for typo.

yeah a lil RIDETHEWALRUS, we all don't have the luxury of having vince young eat at our chipotle like where you are in Austin. VD is some real talent and its rare from the terps. I would hate to see him not wearing white and burgandy.... especially seeing a helmet with a star, or a bird, or the letters representating the metropolis this team pretends to represent but doesn't really because they play all their home games in Jersey and train in jersey which is completly a different state all together... god i hate every other team in our division.

Archived