Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A different DRAFT Perspective...

AUviaDC101

If we get a WR via Free Agency (Lloyd, Wayne, Randle El or Owens)... I wouldnt mind Darnell Bing out of USC... Or even Greg Blue out of Georgia.

Two VERY talented Safeties that could become crucial Strong Safeties in a Gregg Williams system. That will allow us to let Evans grow in the system, and prove himself, and also allow us to trade Ramsey and/or Lavar for a decent upstart DE...

I am in NO way confident with Ryan Clark. He is decent (LSU; SEC Pedigree)... But he is too small.

Gibbs For LIFE!!!

Don't agree. You dont spend too much money on evry position, you cant have first round talent everywhere. Sometimes you have to have cheap guys who are solid(clark), along with marqee players like Taylor. Same goes with Lemar Marshall, although I believe if he continues his play he will get a payday soon,

is bob sanders too small? I believe he and clark are the same size. (clark may even be an inch taller)

Eh, Clark strikes me as more of a cover guy, where as Sanders is a hitter.

Honestly, the skins gotta address the Dline in this draft. Why can't we get a second round pick and let him grow in the system too? Even Pepper and Freeney needed their rookie years to adjust. Get a nice RE and play him a little behind Daniels. Then platoon Evans and Wynn at LE.

By the way, Sanders is like 5'9"

I dunno... I still think a play maker alongside Taylor in the Secondary would be VERY crucial to Gregg Williams Defense. I am pretty confident in Evans, Clemons, and Daniels... However, Ryan Clark's play is too sporatic.

Coming from a Free Safety/Rover (High School and College)... That position is Very pinnacle in a BLITZ first environment...

But again, this is assuming we grab a decent WR in the free agent market, and we have to appease Gregg Williams with SOMETHING worth wild. And this is assumong wither of these two TALENTED players fall into the mid to late second round. There are some underrated DE's in teh draft that according to TEAM needs (NFL), may find themselves int eh 3rd round.

But hey... 1) That is why this post is titled a DIFFERENT DRAFT PERSPECTIVE... and 2)I'm not getting paid to sit in the war room, and neither are any of you...

Gibbs For Life!!!

Eh, Clark strikes me as more of a cover guy, where as Sanders is a hitter.

Are you nuts?

Clark can hit like a freight train. I think it was Salave'a that said Clark will seperate your soul from your body for a split second.

If anything Clark needs to work on his cover skills.

To the original poster: Darnell Bing is a 1st rounder and we don't have a draft pick in the 1st round.

Yeah... I guess, he can work on his coverage and maybe. But I dunno, after seeing Greg Blue in real time, and Darnell Bing in real time. If they are available... I'd pick them up.

But at the same time, i do agree there are bigger issues. But i feel they can be addresed via free agency, and trades...

But lastly, and a STRONG safety, you need ONE more aspect to your game. Other than hitting, and MODERATE coverage... YOU NEED SPEED. Clark, and Prileau get burned probably 3 pinnacle times a game...

and thats tha HARD truth...

Gibbs For Life!!!

Bing is a projected first rounder, plus we have no desperate need at safety, but I do agree about Clark, he's too short, did you see the interception attempt he had on the sideline in the Seahawk playoff game, barely grazed his fingers but hit the hawk behind him in his hands at helmet level.

I really like Ryan Clark but at the same time Greg Blue from UGA is a stud SS so it would be interesting if Blue would be taken with our 2nd round pick.

Bing is a FS and isn't anywhere near as physical in run support as ST and isn't anywhere near the coverage guy. I see him as Derek Gibson from the Raiders when he came out of F.S.U., all hype.

If I were making the decisions I'd stick with Clark since he knows the defense and has a nice relationship, on the field, with ST and the other DB's. We also have a few areas that we can either get better at or add young depth too.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Archived