Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offseason Draft Bios

SkinzFan007

I am one of these people that definatly think that nance is the way to go in the second. The kid has all of the physical attributes that you look for in a prospect. Not only that, but his scouting report sounds like he has great hands also. He would be a perfect fit for out offense, exactly what we need. And with 4.33 speed, he still provides the type of speed that gibbs likes in this type of offense. Also, at 6'5, would probably be a good blocker on running plays, and help portis when we run outside plays.

with that said, I think that if nance is off the board before our pick, that we draft the best available DE at the time. I think darryl tapp would be a great pick. He has the EXACT same build as Dwight Freeny. they are both 6'1, 260+. Tapp is the epitomy of a good pass rusher.

I would be happy with either of these picks. But, I do think that we need to address our offense first, since even without a pass rushing DE, our defense still played pretty well for us. but, it is quite obvious that our offense needs a #2 reciever in order to have success

Hmmmm...looking at Sinorice Moss bio he is a big play guy who is a great special teams player, if Santana said it was ok i wouldnt be suprised if we drafted him.

I would not draft Sinorice before the 4th round. If he is there in the 4th then I would consider it. He has big play potential maybe but how many wr's in the nfl make it at 5 foot 8 (being generous)? Also he has never had a year with over 50 receptions. He may turn out to be one heck of a kick and punt returner but I don't see him being any more than that.

Out of 20 players this year over 1000 yards only 2 were under 6 foot. Steve Smith and Santana.

Hmmmm...looking at Sinorice Moss bio he is a big play guy who is a great special teams player, if Santana said it was ok i wouldnt be suprised if we drafted him.

the problem is though, we dont need another small reciever. Sinorice is only like 5'8. we need a big for our redzone situations. Im not saying that sinorice wont be successful in the NFL, but, he just isant what we need

Added Gerald Riggs, RB, Tenesee.

As long as we keep Betts then we don't have a need for a rb. However if we lose Betts then I love Riggs. He is so strong and would be a great complement to Portis.

I think his injury will drop him to the 3rd round where he probably would have been a late first or early second had he been healthy this past year.

Betts appears to be a much better sleeper QB prospect for us. He's fairly mobile and makes good decisions. Whitehurst OTOH sounds like everything Gibbs hates about Ramsey without the benefit of Ramsey's starting experience.

Because of all the underclassmen that have declared this year it looks to be a deep draft. I'd like to see us move Ramsey and Ladell Betts and get some draft picks...as long as Gibbs and Williams are the ones doing the selecting.

I think that if we take a DE with our second pick there are still several good recievers who wont go before the 3rd round.

So we could go ahead and pick Dumervil or Ray edwards

Also Frostee Rucker, brother of Panthers DE looks to go around the 4th round and we could take him later

http://www.nflfans.com/x/2006/showplayer.php?key=Frostee%20Rucker

There are two guys who i think would fit into our team well

David Anderson:http://www.nflfans.com/x/2006/showplayer.php?key=David%20Anderson

Mike Hass:http://www.nflfans.com/x/2006/showplayer.php?key=Mike%20Hass

Both are tough have a lot of heart, clutch hands, and are gonna fall under most teams radars come draft day

:helmet: :helmet:

Yea but seriously, this guy is 6'5 and runs a 4.33 with clutch hands and is a red zone threat. We need a game breaking reciever if were gonna take this offence to the next level, not some reciever that catches 45 balls a season for 579 Yards with 4 Touchdowns. Martain Nance would have stats like...53 Catches 600-900 Yards 7-13 Touchdowns during his career, maybe better while Santana is stacking 1000-1200 Yards with 6-12 Touchdowns a season.

I think that if we take a DE with our second pick there are still several good recievers who wont go before the 3rd round.

So we could go ahead and pick Dumervil or Ray edwards

Also Frostee Rucker, brother of Panthers DE looks to go around the 4th round and we could take him later

http://www.nflfans.com/x/2006/showplayer.php?key=Frostee%20Rucker

There are two guys who i think would fit into our team well

David Anderson:http://www.nflfans.com/x/2006/showplayer.php?key=David%20Anderson

Mike Hass:http://www.nflfans.com/x/2006/showplayer.php?key=Mike%20Hass

Both are tough have a lot of heart, clutch hands, and are gonna fall under most teams radars come draft day

:helmet: :helmet:

I think Dumerville will be gone and I think he isn't the type of DE that fits our system. If we went with DE in the 2nd I would be all for Mike Haas later. He has the type of attitude that Gibbs looks for. I think that we would only go DE in the 2nd if we picked up a solid WR via free agency. In that case I think that Tapp or Edwards would be the way to go.

If we don't get a YOUNG WR in free agency then we HAVE to go Nance or Baskett

I think Dumerville will be gone and I think he isn't the type of DE that fits our system. If we went with DE in the 2nd I would be all for Mike Haas later. He has the type of attitude that Gibbs looks for. I think that we would only go DE in the 2nd if we picked up a solid WR via free agency. In that case I think that Tapp or Edwards would be the way to go.

If we don't get a YOUNG WR in free agency then we HAVE to go Nance or Baskett

yea, the more and more I look at it, it looks like nance will be gone by our pick. Right now, he is the fourth or fifth rated reciever. two going in the first round, and then, only 1 or 2 left in front of him in our round. I am really liking the looks of ray edwards. The guy has the same size as mario edwards, just not as polished. i think he would fit in well here

How I would want WRs in the second round:

1. Martin Nance, I saw him while Big Ben was playing at Miami(Ohio), and he was unstoppable.

2. Hank Baskett, Dont know much about him but at 6'4" 220lbs and good hands he should be a big improvement, although he doesn't block hardly at all.

3. Jason Avant, I could see us drafting him in the third. He has tremendous hands and is by far and away the best blocking WR to come out in a very very long time.

Would love to see the Skins draft Conner Huges out of the University of Virginia as place kicker. Bring him in, keep John Hall and let them battle it out in camp and pre-season.

Hey if Hughes can stay healthy I am all for it. I don't think the Cards can keep Novak and Rackers so I wouldn't mind bringing back Novak as an option as well but Hughes has a heck of a leg, something we do not have for kickoffs.

Hey if Hughes can stay healthy I am all for it. I don't think the Cards can keep Novak and Rackers so I wouldn't mind bringing back Novak as an option as well but Hughes has a heck of a leg, something we do not have for kickoffs.

if we can get hughes in the 4th or 5th, I think it would be a good pick. I dont know how much gibbs would like picking another kicker though. doesnt hall make like a mil a year?

Archived