Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Script

Larry

Just thinking (always dangerous).

Y'know, if I were to write a script for a Skins playoff game, I don't think I could pick a better one than what we've got here.

A flashy west-coast team that's all puffed up with the flashy statistics that their offense has piled up (against losing teams.)

Press coverage that's idea of balance is having an occasional guy who'll admit that Joe Gibbs used to be a great coach, and saying that they'll probably cover the 10 point spread. No mention that we've already beat them, with more injuries than we have now.

Skins practice in the rain. Home Team practices indoors.

Y'know, out of all the teams that're still in the NFC playoffs, Seatle is the one I'd rather play?

I'm not saying they're a pushover. (I don't think there are any pushovers at this level). But I think they're the closest you're going to see at this level.

I think we should be 10 point favorites.

If this was at FedEx.....easily I'd say we should be Big favorites.

But this game is at Qwest, great fan base, loud stadium....great team (especially O) Seattle should be favored.

I think their stats are skewed however, looking at us....we beat the NFCW

Redskins 103, NFCW 53.

So yes, playing the 49ers, Rams and Cards does make your stats look alot better (that's why team ranking sometimes doesn't predict games, but shows only possible trends).

I think the point spreads should be much smaller this week in this game and Pitt/Indy b/c both 6 seed teams aren't playing like typical 6 seed teams this year. Pitt is looking as good as ANY of the AFC divisonal winners (INDY, Denver, NE and Cincy) and same can be said about the Skins and the NFC winners (NYG, TB, Chicago and Seattle).

This is a great year in that ANYBODY really has a shot of getting to the SB this year.

BTW Seattle in my op. should be 3-5 point favorites and not 10.

Archived