Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Refs Admit 'Everything Just Happens So Fast'

@DCGoldPants

NFL Refs Admit 'Everything Just Happens So Fast'

January 12, 2006 | Issue 42•02

TAMPA, FL—Just hours after officiating the Buccaneers-Redskins wild-card playoff game, referee Mike Carey admitted that "everything happens so fast out there it's a miracle we see anything at all." "Believe me, pro football is one quick game, and the rules are pretty intricate," said Carey, who admits he probably misses half the infractions that occur in a normal NFL matchup. "Especially the pass interference and defensive holding stuff, who can put hands on who at what point, I can hardly keep it straight—and I'm one of the quick ones. I have no idea how a guy like, say, Ed Hochuli keeps it all together." NFL director of officiating Mike Pereira stated Monday that Carey would not be reprimanded for his unusually frank comments, saying that he himself "almost never even sees stuff like clipping or hands to the face."

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/44420

:laugh:

Mike Carey sees spit!

BUT, he didn't see a face mask slap! Hum?! Glasses needed?! LOL!

If you didn't "actually" see the spit........well you know the rest!

Hail to the Redskins!!!!!!!!!:notworthy :logo: :helmet: :point2sky :bucsuck: :seahawksu :broncosuc :coltsuck: HTTR SuperBowl bound, in spite of spittin! We have guts and GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived