Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How did Stai look?

Yomar

If he's as solid as his credentials would indicate that's very good. Our center rolls to the left guard in most pass protections so the left guard, which is our weakest guard, will get help on many plays in pass protection or run blocking. Coleman's beating is not a good sign for us if we lose either tackle. I am not comfortable with Vickers and we can't be comfortable with Coleman. Pay Fina. Pay him now.

I watched him closely, and thought he looked really solid.

Richard Seymore is about as physically imposing as Daryl Gardner and, so they dont' get much stronger or meaner then that ... plus Seymore is well coached.

Add to the fact that Stai doesn't know a damn thing about this offense, and I feel good about the right side, and once Samuels is back, I'll feel good about 4/5's of the starting line.

At this point, I'm more scared about our lack of depth at tackle then finding a better left Guard. I'm comfortable going with Tucker & maybe Loverne at LG, but would feel much better if they could get Fina to back-up the tackles. R.Coleman isn't ready yet.

Funny,

Everyone here seems pretty happy with Stai after last night. A friend of mine who knows offensive line play said Stai looked really good for a normal situation but he probably played great considering he's been around since Monday at practice.

This clearly indicates ASF is about to show up saying how bad he really looked because on three NFL2Night highlights he won't have flattened his man and then sat on his head as they are taught, only we don't teach that with Helton, who is unqualified after three decades of coaching to coach the offensive line because Houston was 3-8 a couple of times.

That's how it works I think. Isn't that right, ASF?

Essentially four of the five spots on the line are either completely worry free or solid enough to escape fretting over. The fifth has the benefit of being lined up in a system that doubles with the center most of the time. The line needs reps together badly, but, it should form, over time, into a pretty solid group. How it does early is a major question. I suspect you'll see some very bad mental calls with the line early as it doesn't know exactly what each guy is doing on every play.

I have a theory.

It's possible some good or even some very good veteran players don't get resigned because they're jerks or a pain in the a$$ to deal with.

Coleman has knee issues but I wonder about that Jones LB that Marty sign last year. He looked top notch to me but he was cut by the Texans and the Packers this year already. Be kind of interesting where he shows up next.

The right side of the line was ok, but the left side got eaten alive. Coleman got beat inside and outside, he has a long way to go.

God forbid Samuels' ankle is a persistent problem this year, cause his absence leaves a gaping hole on the left side. After last night, if I was the 'Skins FO I would be in serious talks with Fina's agent.

Archived