Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OK State, 165 million $ donation

dcoles11

What do you guys think about this oil tycoon donating 165 million $ to the Oklahoma State athletic program?

I think its a bit ridiculous. There isn't anything wrong with Oklahoma States facilities now. Can they be improved? Probably, but do they need 165 million $'s worth of improvements?

Besides, any improvements their facilities need are already being generated by TV money from the football and basketball program.

All this means is the coaches offices are going to be lavish, with plasma screen tvs, and all the furniture is going to be leather.

I was a college athlete so don't get me wrong donations to an athletic program are fine but 165 million is just too much.

How about half go the library or to the financial aid fund.

It was stated that with this donation this guy would like to be in the loop as far as the hiring of any future football coaches. Pathetic.

If you have a 165 million dollars to give away I find it pretty sad that you give it to an athletic program that isn't exactly in serious need.

I'm sure everyone on this board can come up with a better use of that money.

It's a worthless school anyways. Ugly campus, extremely low admissions standards, and poor academics save for a couple programs.

What do all students who go to OSU and OU have in common? ... they all applied to OU.

It's a worthless school anyways. Ugly campus, extremely low admissions standards, and poor academics save for a couple programs.

What do all students who go to OSU and OU have in common? ... they all applied to OU.

I think the donation is ridiculous no matter what school it was given too. If it was given to your Sooners i'd have the same opinion, or any other school you can name.

Sports are great and is important in its own way. But it is not a 165 million important.

Archived