Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My feelings on the game...

Playmaker89

In my opinion, our boys should feel more than a little disrespected about being 9 point dogs on Saturday. After all we are 11-2 and quite possibly should be 12-1 in the NFC this season. Besides us, there were 7 other teams in the NFC with winning records. We played 5 of them and went 6-2 in 8 games against those teams. We did not get a shot at Carolina or Minnesota this year. Although if we win Saturday I think there is a strong chance we will end up going to Carolina in the NFC championship game. I'm not saying we should be favored or anything, but i feel being 9 point dogs, especially being on a 6 game winning streak is showing no respect at all to our boys.

Gibbs will have the team ready to go Saturday and if we lose I don't think it will be by more than a field goal. The game could go either way. I have no doubt that our D will continue to punish the opposition and will be the biggest factor for us to advance, but I also do not expect the offense to struggle like we did last week. Here's why....

1. Its the Seahawks D, not Tampa

2. Gibbs is too smart and will have a good game plan to go against the Seahawks D

3. And its damn near impossible for anyone to shut down Portis and Moss in consecutive weeks

After our poor offensive performance last week, everyone seems to forget that we actually have a pretty good offense. Look at the last 3 games of the season. 35 vs Dallas, 35 vs NYG, 31 at Philly. Either way, we are still alive and have a chance to advance to the NFC title game. The so called "experts" seem to forget that Joe Gibbs is one of the best coaches to ever grace the sidelines of a football field and adjusts better than any coach I've ever seen in my lifetime. I don't think we need to scored 30+ points to win on Saturday but we definately need at least 20-24.

This game will be a grind on every play. Although it is very possible that we lose on Saturday, I do believe that we are very capable and should come out winners in Seattle.

Prediction: Redskins 24 Seahawks 20

I think the defense is well aware of that. In the games we've lost this year(Chiefs, Broncos, Chargers, Raiders, Buccaneers, and Giants, we've never even lost by 9 points except when we surrendered the game to the Giants. To me, it's farfetched also. I don't know where these oddmakers are talking about but it's way out there like Pluto.

I think its just going to depend on which team shows up. If the flat, ineffective offense shows up, we're sunk. If we start fast and punch them in the mouth early, i think we stand a pretty good chance provided we don't have any more injuries. I can definitely see us losing this game, but I can also see us winning it. It should be pretty good.

While I actually think we are pretty well matched with the Seahawks and the game should be close, I am actually feeling more confident that we can and will win.

After a long layoff Seattle may likely start off sluggish and out of rythm; while we will come out focused and with a full head of steam on defense.

I give TB (#1 ranked defense) credit for keeping our offense in check. I also think that once Joe Gibbs found us up by 2 scores he chose to play very conservative and that contributed to such a low offensive production. I feel that we will do quite well on offense (both running and passing) against Seattle.

Knowing Joe Gibbs and the attitude of this team I know the Redskins will play hard (smash mouth) football from the opening kickoff through the final whistle.

In my opinion, our boys should feel more than a little disrespected about being 9 point dogs on Saturday. After all we are 11-2 and quite possibly should be 12-1 in the NFC this season. Besides us, there were 7 other teams in the NFC with winning records. We played 5 of them and went 6-2 in 8 games against those teams. We did not get a shot at Carolina or Minnesota this year. Although if we win Saturday I think there is a strong chance we will end up going to Carolina in the NFC championship game. I'm not saying we should be favored or anything, but i feel being 9 point dogs, especially being on a 6 game winning streak is showing no respect at all to our boys.

Gibbs will have the team ready to go Saturday and if we lose I don't think it will be by more than a field goal. The game could go either way. I have no doubt that our D will continue to punish the opposition and will be the biggest factor for us to advance, but I also do not expect the offense to struggle like we did last week. Here's why....

1. Its the Seahawks D, not Tampa

2. Gibbs is too smart and will have a good game plan to go against the Seahawks D

3. And its damn near impossible for anyone to shut down Portis and Moss in consecutive weeks

After our poor offensive performance last week, everyone seems to forget that we actually have a pretty good offense. Look at the last 3 games of the season. 35 vs Dallas, 35 vs NYG, 31 at Philly. Either way, we are still alive and have a chance to advance to the NFC title game. The so called "experts" seem to forget that Joe Gibbs is one of the best coaches to ever grace the sidelines of a football field and adjusts better than any coach I've ever seen in my lifetime. I don't think we need to scored 30+ points to win on Saturday but we definately need at least 20-24.

This game will be a grind on every play. Although it is very possible that we lose on Saturday, I do believe that we are very capable and should come out winners in Seattle.

Prediction: Redskins 24 Seahawks 20

:point2sky

Archived