Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tampa is a better team then Seattle

BrunellSuperbowl

I agree with most of your post. I think Seattle is vastly overrated. I don't know if Tampa is "better," but I was more worried about Tampa than Seattle.

Tampa was a tough match-up for us. We have an offense that takes a while to get going sometimes. Knowing this, I was worried about Tampa's D shutting us down. That did happen. Thankfully our Defense came through.

Seattle's Defense will not shut our offense down. Therefore, I think we match up better against them.

It is unlikely their Offense will score more than 17-20 points on our D.

I think our O is good for atleast 21-30 on their D.

I think we will win this and I think it will be easier than people expect! :point2sky

this is a joke of a game i belive. Seattle only 2 wins came on a 10 point last min vs Dallas and have no NY missing 3 game winning feild goals

this is the same seahawk team basically who Spurrier beat both yrs he was here

Skins beat earlier holding to 3 points thru 3 quarters

I just do not understand why the skins are not favorites in this game. Seatte only difference from pervious yrs is the Rams were not comipetitive this yr

If the Skins can go into Denver , lose by 2, The skins will beat Seattle..

I think Seattle is the weakest team in the whole NFC playoffs. The Giants, Cowboys and Skins are dominated them thru 3 quarters

I even fear Tampas offense more then Seattles.

Hassleback, and Brunell have the same stats yet people will make you belive Seattle is a air it out machine

Yep, I just looked in the King James Bible and found this post word for word. Try to be original next time there BrunellSuperbowl, that would be great.

The people who believe that Seattle sucks are the same ones who will get all mad whenever we're knocked out of the playoffs and say that we suck.

Respect the opponent, they have strengths and weaknesses just like we do. We can win, sure, but Seattle is very good.

Nicely said. :applause:

alexander overrated, if Portis played the rams, niners and cards twice he would have 1800 yards

Hasselabck is the most average QB to ever start in the pro bowl

he has 23 td and 14 interceptions, Brunell has about 15 ints and 22 TDs

everybody states how average Brunell is. So what is Hassleback?

Hasselbeck has 24 td passes and only 9 interceptions. Brunell has 23 td passes and 10 interceptions. That is reasonably close. The differences between them can be found here. Brunell completes 55.7 percent of his passes Matt Hasselbeck completes 65.5 percent of his passes. Matt has passed for 3459 yards while Brunell has passed for 3050 yards. Matt averages 7.7 yards per pass play Brunell averages 6.7 yards per pass play. While QB ratings are not exactly an accurate reflection of how well a QB is actually doing relatively speaking Hasselbecks 98.2 rating is substantially better than Brunell's 85.9 rating. Honestly these QB's aren't that close this year.

If the first game is any reflection of what might happen this game it might be close. However, the following really should be considered. Bobby Engram broke is ribs on the first series of the game. While he continued to do well for a while afterwards, he was not nearly at full effectiveness. The second thing to consider is that Darrell Jackson was already injured before this game. He was no where near 100-percent.

Oh and one other thing, that I've seen discussed is the notion that the Seahawks have a good run defense because teams choose to pass against the Seahawks instead of run. On defense the Seahawks give up 3.6 yard per carry on defense, the Redskins in contrast give up 4.1. The only teams that give up fewer yards per carry than the Seahawks are Tampa Bay, the Steelers, and San Diego.

It was for this reason I was more afraid of the Bucs than the Redskins. I think the key to beating Seattle is stuffing their running offense. It's why the Seahawks had problems with the Giants and Cowboys who were blitzing the gaps. I think the Bucs are probably a bit better at this than the Redskins. Now this doesn't mean that I don't think the Redskins are a better team than the Bucs, I do, I just think that Tampa Bay's strength causes the Seahawks more trouble than the Redskinis.

Now I've watched a lot football and I know that on any given Sunday almost any time can be another team. But I would have to say that it makes sense that the Seahawks are favored to win at home.

I do think it will be a good game.

Rigelian

and thank you BrunellSuperbowl for jinxing us... :doh:

The game is played on the field for a reason. On any given Sunday, anybody can win.as far as I am concerned, we are 1 - 0, and they haven't played yet.

I dont believe in jinxing

I believe in The Redskins

Make sure you wash that same shirt you've been wearing since the St, Louis game .....ok ;)

Go Skins

Yes, Tampa is a better team than Seattle. But Tampa is also better than the Redskins. It just goes to show you that the better team doesn't always win. The Bucs beat the Skins all day long last Saturday and still lost on the scoreboard.

The Seahawks are probably better than the Skins. But the Skins could still win if they are as lucky as last week (doubtful). That's why they play the games.

It's no joke.

Seattle is in the playoffs for a reason.

Yeah, they had a cushy schedule, but they are rested and at home.

If we DONT make mistakes, and we provide a couple hundered yards on offense, we'll be on our way to next weekends game.

We have the weapons.

We have the desire.

We have the heart.

And we have the coach!

Hail!:point2sky

lordoftherings.JPG

In GIBBS We Trust!

That gets me crunk!

Yes, Tampa is a better team than Seattle. But Tampa is also better than the Redskins. It just goes to show you that the better team doesn't always win. The Bucs beat the Skins all day long last Saturday and still lost on the scoreboard.

The Seahawks are probably better than the Skins. But the Skins could still win if they are as lucky as last week (doubtful). That's why they play the games.

I'm not wishing you get SARS or anything. Really.

Hasselbeck has 24 td passes and only 9 interceptions. Brunell has 23 td passes and 10 interceptions. That is reasonably close. The differences between them can be found here. Brunell completes 55.7 percent of his passes Matt Hasselbeck completes 65.5 percent of his passes. Matt has passed for 3459 yards while Brunell has passed for 3050 yards. Matt averages 7.7 yards per pass play Brunell averages 6.7 yards per pass play. While QB ratings are not exactly an accurate reflection of how well a QB is actually doing relatively speaking Hasselbecks 98.2 rating is substantially better than Brunell's 85.9 rating. Honestly these QB's aren't that close this year.

If the first game is any reflection of what might happen this game it might be close. However, the following really should be considered. Bobby Engram broke is ribs on the first series of the game. While he continued to do well for a while afterwards, he was not nearly at full effectiveness. The second thing to consider is that Darrell Jackson was already injured before this game. He was no where near 100-percent.

Oh and one other thing, that I've seen discussed is the notion that the Seahawks have a good run defense because teams choose to pass against the Seahawks instead of run. On defense the Seahawks give up 3.6 yard per carry on defense, the Redskins in contrast give up 4.1. The only teams that give up fewer yards per carry than the Seahawks are Tampa Bay, the Steelers, and San Diego.

It was for this reason I was more afraid of the Bucs than the Redskins. I think the key to beating Seattle is stuffing their running offense. It's why the Seahawks had problems with the Giants and Cowboys who were blitzing the gaps. I think the Bucs are probably a bit better at this than the Redskins. Now this doesn't mean that I don't think the Redskins are a better team than the Bucs, I do, I just think that Tampa Bay's strength causes the Seahawks more trouble than the Redskinis.

Now I've watched a lot football and I know that on any given Sunday almost any time can be another team. But I would have to say that it makes sense that the Seahawks are favored to win at home.

I do think it will be a good game.

Rigelian

Again, look at the schedules. Seattle played 4 games all year agianst quality running teams. Jax (a stretch), Was, NYG and Atl. We, on the other hand, played Chi, Sea, Den, KC (those 2 are top 5 running teams), NYG twice, SD. I don't know if any reasonable person out there actually believes that Seattle's run D is anything near the Redskins D. You guys played 11 games against sub par, crappy ass teams as well as a 12th against Indy who was resting everybody. Of course your stats are better. The difference is Seattle had a bottom 5 strength of schedule and Washington had a top 5. You guys have played maybe 4 real games all year and to top that off, Dal, NYG, Jax ain't exactly KC, Den, SD caliber teams. And those were the toughest games you had all year. I know you can only play the teams on your schedule, but when bringing up your stats, take into account that you played cellar dwellars all year long while we were scraping it out with all the top teams in the league. Given that, I'll take 4.1 vs 3.6 anyday. Add to that how much better or D is now with Griff and Samoan Joe healthy, Lemar getting comfortable and Arrington actually in the lineup now. The Seahawks D is fake as hell (their O is for real, though) and we are gonna see that this weekend. I guarantee that Holmgren and company aren't taking the Skins D as lighlty as you are because despite the slump midseason this is still one of the best D's in the league and I'll take a good D over a good O in the playoffs anyday. Bottom line, we're a much more physichal, tough and aggresive team than the Hawks. Bring em on baby.

I agree with your general idea, however I don't think Tampa is better than Seattle. However, I think Seattle is very overrated because of Alexander, and we shut him down for 3 quarters! I think Seattle should be favored by about 3 because of home field advantage. But the reason the hawks are favored so heavily is because of their hot streak, besides their loss to Greenbay, that was because Seattle wasn't trying.

OK, lets take a realistic look at this:

WASHINGTON HAS: SEATTLE HAS:

Clinton Portis Shaun Alexander ADV: SEA

Mark Brunell Matt Hasselbeck ADV: SEA

The White House Space Needle ADV: WASH (barely)

High Crime Rate A Moronic Governor ADV: SEA (barely)

7th Ranked Rush 'D' Best 'O' Line in NFL ADV: SEA

Good Secondary Solid Receivers ADV: PUSH

Pollution Beautiful Mountians ADV: SEA

Solid LB's Green River Killer ADV: WASH

Filthy Politicians Richest Man in World ADV: SEA

Art Monk Steve Largent ADV: SEA

Daniel Snyder Paul Allen ADV: SEA

Country's Capital Tacoma ADV: WASH

Experience Unlimited ("Da Butt") Jimi Hendrix ADV: SEA

President Bush 'Nuff Sald ADV: SEA

Final Score:

SEATTLE: 10

WASHINGTON: 3

Happy New Year!!

:cheers:

HawkMan

GO HAWKS!!

I don't quite understand how a team can be overrated because they have a great player. First of all not too many teams have been able to stop Alexander. Second, on those rare occassions where Alexander didn't play all that well, the Seahawks have been in every one of those games. The hawks were not blown out in any game.

In addition, the Seahawks, who were predicted to finish 3rd in the NFC West, can hardly be described as overrated. There ascendency has happened despite a great deal of skepticism by the pundits.

Rigelian

this is a joke of a game i belive. Seattle only 2 wins came on a 10 point last min vs Dallas and have no NY missing 3 game winning feild goals

this is the same seahawk team basically who Spurrier beat both yrs he was here

Skins beat earlier holding to 3 points thru 3 quarters

I just do not understand why the skins are not favorites in this game. Seatte only difference from pervious yrs is the Rams were not comipetitive this yr

If the Skins can go into Denver , lose by 2, The skins will beat Seattle..

I think Seattle is the weakest team in the whole NFC playoffs. The Giants, Cowboys and Skins are dominated them thru 3 quarters

I even fear Tampas offense more then Seattles.

Hassleback, and Brunell have the same stats yet people will make you belive Seattle is a air it out machine

Ahh yes... the ones Seattle should've lost. Dallas made a mistake by trying to go downfield in the last few seconds. Seattle capitalized on the resulting interception. That's a W in our book. The Giants missed three field goals that wouldn't have been tried IF the refs would've gotten the Shockey NON-TD correct in the first place! Again, Seattle capitalized on the missed FGs... another W in our book. Same could be said of the Skins chucking up the long balls at the end of the Dallas game. Or the Seattle game which would've been won except for the goalpost. But I won't go there. Ya see... if it's us winning a close one, it's luck. If you win a close one it's heart. BULLSHIIT!!!

Skins held us to 3 thru 3 quarters. Last time I checked, there were 4 quarters in a football game.

The difference between last year and this year's Seahawks are that the team got rid of its bad eggs. Nearly half the dropped passes this year, and the most sacks in the league, are among the things that resulted. Why didn't the Skins make it last year? Basically, they were the same team. My guess is it had to do with ATTITUDE!!! Plus the fact that the Eagles didn't show up much this year.

What's Denver got to do with anything? Your same team went into Oakland and got it handed to them. Another difference with Seattle this year... we beat the teams we're SUPPOSED TO!

You fear Tampa's offense more than Seattle's? I guess you would if you gave up 36 to the losers earlier in the year. You'll learn what a real offense is like this weekend.

Brunell is hurt. Tho I admire the guy, he's hurt. So is Leftwich, and look what happened to the Jags. Don't worry... Brunell will have the rest of the year to rest.

If you guys can't come up with facts, I can't display my full debating abilities. Come on... you can do better than that :cool:

I don't quite understand how a team can be overrated because they have a great player. First of all not too many teams have been able to stop Alexander. Second, on those rare occassions where Alexander didn't play all that well, the Seahawks have been in every one of those games. The hawks were not blown out in any game.

In addition, the Seahawks, who were predicted to finish 3rd in the NFC West, can hardly be described as overrated. There ascendency has happened despite a great deal of skepticism by the pundits.

Rigelian

I have to applaud you! You know your stuff!!! :applause:

Again, look at the schedules. Seattle played 4 games all year agianst quality running teams. Jax (a stretch), Was, NYG and Atl. We, on the other hand, played Chi, Sea, Den, KC (those 2 are top 5 running teams), NYG twice, SD. I don't know if any reasonable person out there actually believes that Seattle's run D is anything near the Redskins D. You guys played 11 games against sub par, crappy ass teams as well as a 12th against Indy who was resting everybody. Of course your stats are better. The difference is Seattle had a bottom 5 strength of schedule and Washington had a top 5. You guys have played maybe 4 real games all year and to top that off, Dal, NYG, Jax ain't exactly KC, Den, SD caliber teams. And those were the toughest games you had all year. I know you can only play the teams on your schedule, but when bringing up your stats, take into account that you played cellar dwellars all year long while we were scraping it out with all the top teams in the league. Given that, I'll take 4.1 vs 3.6 anyday. Add to that how much better or D is now with Griff and Samoan Joe healthy, Lemar getting comfortable and Arrington actually in the lineup now. The Seahawks D is fake as hell (their O is for real, though) and we are gonna see that this weekend. I guarantee that Holmgren and company aren't taking the Skins D as lighlty as you are because despite the slump midseason this is still one of the best D's in the league and I'll take a good D over a good O in the playoffs anyday. Bottom line, we're a much more physichal, tough and aggresive team than the Hawks. Bring em on baby.

And we will... Tee time, 4:30! Strength of schedule is out da window. What matters is the final score on Saturday.

Seattle has to be only team who had nobody in there division show up all yr

Seattle has always been a weak, Rams and 9ers would usually at least compete this yr it was a joke

the redskins played that division, they ran for like 200 yards vs the Rams and blew out the 9ers

this game is going to a blow out for the skins. I would be nervous if Seattle had playoff expierence, but they do not. They have not played in a pressure game all yr.

the best way to look at this is common teams who both teams have played

skins at home beat Dallas 35-7 , NY 35-20

Seatle at home beat Dallas by 3 i think, because 10 points in the last minute, and Giants by 3 because 3 missed feild goals

the Redskins have faced Alexander the past 3 yrs and held him under 100 every game( 2 with Spurrier)

The Redskins weakness according to the media is Brunell and the passing game

and Hassleback and Brunell stats are exactly the same accept for completion percentage

I think Tampa is a better team then Seattle because Tampa can shut down one side of the ball and has one reciever you have to double

Seattles offense is a joke to me.

The media does no research. They just go off the last game. We beat Arizona by 4 and the media was predicting we lose the Cowboys 24 -6.

All i know is the odds are 5-1 the Redskins win, i putting 100 on a skins win. ITS EASY CASH

SBBrunell... is this all you have?

Ya ever think no one else in the NFC West showed up cause they were out of it after Seattle whooped em? Case in point, da Ramseses.

Seattle weak? 13-3 isn't weak in anyone's book. Usually it means HFA.

You need to do your homework. Seattle has the last two years with playoff experience. Granted, they lost. But kick a dog a few times, and eventually he'll bite back. It's the Hawk's turn to bite back. And about no pressure games? If you would watch other games besides being a homer, you'd know what pressure games they've played. An 11 game winning streak says something.

Yes... Skins at home, they took care of business. Seattle is 8-0 at home. Check your schedule, and tell me where the game is. Here's a hint... you got shut out by the Gnats in their place.

Already went over your Dallas and Gnats analysis in another post. Keep trying to find fresh stuff. I'm routin for ya :D

Answer to Alexander... any given Sunday (or in this case, Saturday). I bet he gets 165 yds, while Portis gets 65.

Tampa is a better team than Seattle, cause you don't want to face the facts. Fact is, you're wishing on a star that Seattle's hype isn't fact. We'll find out in two days.

Yep... Seattle's offense is a joke. I'll be laughing all day at how your defense is bumbling like a bunch of clowns trying to stop them. Now see what you've done? I'm starting to talk nonsense like you! :laugh:

Media does no research? That's funny... we say the same thing in our forum. Think all the fans believe their teams get no respect? Could be!

You bet $100? Nah... you LOST $100!:applause:

As Monty Python used to say: And now for something completely different...

www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/fartingpreacher.html

Seattles offense is a joke to me.

The media does no research. They just go off the last game. We beat Arizona by 4 and the media was predicting we lose the Cowboys 24 -6.

All i know is the odds are 5-1 the Redskins win, i putting 100 on a skins win. ITS EASY CASH

Seattle's offens is joke to you and the media does no research? They have 4 players on the All-Pro team(much more meaningful than the pro bowl popularity contest). The game will be on national TV where Alexander generally lights it up. Skins D choked down the stretch in the only 3 games I saw them play. Seattle(They held them to 3 through 3 quarters, but then gave up 2TDs in the fourth-the last on in the final 2 minutes(CHOKE))., SD, Bucs, and were stinking in up in that last Philly game before I turned it off.

Skins will have more O this week, but the D will fold and crumble like it always does.

I wouldn't count on the Redskins D crumbling. The Seahawks offense can have success against them, but it will only be with discipline, good scheming, good play calling and execution. Fortunately, this year we are catching our passes, and our running game can't be shut down for all 60 minutes.

Hey Blue-This D chokes like the Hawks of old. Giving up points and opportunities at the end of the game. Sorry, I've been subjected to skins games all season(only watched 3 full games) and the D isn't all world like these guys think.

Archived