Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

the best sign I saw in Tampa this past weekend

C-Trey

sorry for the late post, but I'm just now getting back in town from Tampa. wanted to give a quick shout and big ups to all the skins fans who made it down to Tampa. we were LEGION down there. everywhere you looked, there were Redskins fans. and for the most part, the Tampa fans were pretty gracious, even though a couple of them threatened to have me thrown out of the game after the first touchdown because I was "being an @$$hole." by which I guess they meant I was actually cheering for my team and they didn't like it. I told them to get used to it because it was going to be a long day.

anyway, in my opinion, this was the best sign--bar none--at the game. I'm sure most of you will appreciate this.

easternmotors.jpg

You wouldnt know what that sign means unless you were here in the DC area. Eastern motors is a Car Dealership franchise in this area that uses Redskins/Wizards players for its commercials.

Ah, okay...actually I lived in the DC area for over 30 years...those commercials are either new, or I just never watched the local channels...

Yeah...I know that...there's one in Woodbridge where I used to live...what does that have to do with the game last weekend???

I would imagine he just had it down there to rev up Washington fans, beings though it is something only we know......plus that jingle is so lame its funny in and of itself

Yeah, I get it. it's not funny. Probably a guy who wanted to get on TV. Like when you watch MNF and somebody has an 'ABC' sign. Or at a college basketball game on ESPN, somebody's always shown with a 'Sportscenter is Next' sign.

Maybe he's like those boxers with GoldenPalace.com painted on their back. Papa needs a new SUV!

Yeah, I get it. it's not funny. Probably a guy who wanted to get on TV. Like when you watch MNF and somebody has an 'ABC' sign. Or at a college basketball game on ESPN, somebody's always shown with a 'Sportscenter is Next' sign.

Maybe he's like those boxers with GoldenPalace.com painted on their back. Papa needs a new SUV!

no, wrong. think about it, that sign is free advertising for Eastern Motors, which the producers/directors of the game are not going to put on TV for free. so that sign had no chance of ever getting on TV. it was only to fire up Skins fans and absolutely confound Tampa fans. when they yell, "hey skinsfan, you suck!!" and you hold up that sign, what are they going to say? they all just had a "what the hell does THAT mean?" look on their faces.

A little off subject but I was listening to a Tampa sports talk show Mon.am.They were pretty upset by a local printer that had a sign in the front of his business that read, How Bout Them Redskins.Maybe this isn't off subject. I think that would probably be my favorite sign.I was at an Applebees Sunday for lunch and one of the waiters was wearing a Skins jersey.Turns out he was A Bucs fan that lost a bet with 2 Skins fans and had to wear the jersey.Lots of Skins fans in Fla.I have enjoyed this win.

Archived