Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Concerning our 'no offense'

trimee

So do most of the NFL 'experts' of the world only listen to each others idiotcy?

ALL I've heard since Saturday is how the Skins won't win with the output our offense put up on Saturday! (I know we don't ever get respect) but Jesus! What about our 30 plus point our O put up each week the three weeks before hand!?! We had 1 bad week on O!! ONE! (Besides the first Giants game-oh and the first Bears game-notice how I said first Bears game?) I am not worried about our offense-Joe will have them back on track-

But C'mon! I am talking about the media (AGAIN) Idiots-(Semi-Quoting <enter favorite NFL jacka$$ expert here-pastabelly, salbury, ect> 'If The Skins don't have a better days offensely-They won't win') Hello?!? WHAT ABOUT OUR PREVIOUS MONTH MEDIA IDIOTS?

BTW-Thanks for letting me whine. HAIL! :helmet:

Let's be honest. Our offense has not looked impressive for two consecutive weeks, and in fact it looked so poor against Tampa's excellent defense that we can't even give Tampa's defense all the credit, even when we consider the game situation and Portis' injury.

What's the difference? Well, Brunell's injury first of all. I won't believe that he's fully healthy until I see it reflect in his play with my own eyes. He refused to let on that he had an injury last year when he was flat out awful and people were saying his career was over, so I can't rely upon his (or Gibbs') word in this regard. I think he's still hurting.

I also am more concerned about Portis than most here seem to be. The offense runs through Portis. Even Betts runs better when Portis precedes him to "prep" the defense.

As far as this upcoming game goes, I have to think that Gibbs will let it all hang out. He knows that, unlike with Tampa, we can't expect to hang the game on our defense, hold the opponent to a couple of scores and eek out a win. We have to expect that Seattle will put up some points. Our offense needs to show up too.

You fans amaze me!

Didn't we just have like 3 games of 30 points or more? But all of a sudden our offense is crap because we played some top defenses and decided to go conservative?

Tell me this, if we know we're going to win the game, then whats the purpose of exposing our bag of tricks?

Bill Cower used the trick play where the ball is snapped to Randel El and then he passes it to Ben and then Ben passes it to some other guy for a big play. Now teams know about that play and hence are gonna be watching out for it. So he gave away a but of his arsenol.

The past two games have been against crap offenses where Gibbs said he'd rather rest his offense and win the game through defense. That way he can have them ready to play a big game LATE in January, maybe even early in February!

You fans amaze me!

Didn't we just have like 3 games of 30 points or more? But all of a sudden our offense is crap because we played some top defenses and decided to go conservative?

Tell me this, if we know we're going to win the game, then whats the purpose of exposing our bag of tricks?

Bill Cower used the trick play where the ball is snapped to Randel El and then he passes it to Ben and then Ben passes it to some other guy for a big play. Now teams know about that play and hence are gonna be watching out for it. So he gave away a but of his arsenol.

The past two games have been against crap offenses where Gibbs said he'd rather rest his offense and win the game through defense. That way he can have them ready to play a big game LATE in January, maybe even early in February!

:cheers:

Totally agree. As you pointed out, we scored 30+ points three consecutive weeks to finish the season. What you didn't say is that is the first time the 'skins have done that since 1991 (and we all know what happened that year).

When talking about our lousy offense, people forget that we have a QB with an 85.0 QB rating, a 1500 yard runner, and a 1500 yard reciever. We had two major team records broken on offense. That is pretty darn good.

We ran up on a darn tough defense last week and struggled. However, we sat our best runner for much of the game and were sitting on a lead, so results are inconclusive.

And those that say we struggled against Philly must not remember Clinton Portis' performance in that contest.

Our offense has struggled a bit over the past two weeks. I has looked superb at times and downright awfull at times. All the media people who say we need to put up more than 120 yards of offense are right of course. We WON'T win with the kind of offensive outut we had last weekend. But that statement is so obvioius as to be ridiculous. We will put up more than 120 yards win or lose. Seattle has a pretty good defense but they're not TB. And our offense will play better. We're the #6 seed facing the #1 seed; we're supposed to be the underdogs.

The past six games:

26.5 points scored

13.2 points allowed

That includes four road games and a game against the runner-up for the rushing title (no pun intended), Barber, whom the Skins held to 80 yards....

Let the mediots keep talking and disrespecting the Skins...just more motivation to prove how good they really are! I'm not worried...

Hail to the Redskins!!!

:seahawksu

The past six games:

26.5 points scored

13.2 points allowed

Ooooh, that's a fun stat.

Our Offense has been cyclic all year. We'll be fine, I promise. I thank God for the poor offensive outing for it has the Skins as +9.5 dogs, not to mention gives NOTHING fresh for Seattle to use to prepare for.

Gibbs will play this right.

Our O only put up some # on the cowfags who were sucessfull this year cause of the D defently not the O. We put up the #'s against the G-men who have a verry tough D give it they had a banged up Linbacker crew but that is no excuse since our secondary has been banged up all year and we stayed in the top ten of the NFL so i would say that gibbs is going with the D wins Titles not the O but keep the O Verry competitive. Im not woried abought our o showing up im woried abought our D Missin Wynn and the health of springs. If CP's sholder is ok our O will be more explosive but if heas not gibbs will pound it up the middle with betts

Wait, didn't we hold Seattle to 17 points and score 20 on them? Yeah, we're in deep trouble. LOL

Yes indeed the D held Seattle to 17 points. But the one thing that the skins can't do is go into the game thinking we have already beaten this team once so it will be easier now. Once the skins take the seahawks lightly the game could get out of hand.

That being said I hope that does not happen this weekend, and I hope that the skins D can keep Seatle under 17 points.

Port

One word of caution on the offensive output that the Redskins have generated in recent weeks. Many of our TD's have been scored or set-up by defensive plays. I know that in just the last two weeks we have scored or set-up four TD's off defensive plays (two interceptions and two fumble recoveries). That has been the central theme of the six game win streak. Our point totals are not reflective of a well oiled offense, but rather an opportunistic one that capitalizes on short field opportunities as well as the direct benefits derived from defensive tuchdowns!

Our offense was playoff-caliber during the regular season (meaning top 12), we ended the season with three 30-point games, and Tampa was the top defense in the league this year. I'm not worried about a blip on the radar as much as I am concerned with how banged-up Clinton Portis is.

Seattle's defense is not nearly as good as Tampa's, but what still worries me is their top 5 run defense ranking and how low our yard-per-carry was last game. How much that has to do with the fact that they got 6 games against the rushing-inept 49ers, Rams and Cardinals I don't know. What I do know is that only the Bears and Packers played easier schedules than the Seahawks, and LaVar wasn't in the last game.

http://www.theredzone.org/strength.asp

MH is no dummy. I say he borrows a page from the Redskins defensive play book, loads up against the run, and forces Brunell to beat him with the passing game. We need for Moss and Cooley to get open early and often. A little help from Thrash and/or Jacobs would be nice as well.

I say its just hard to predict any game in the NFL these days. We ran up 52 points against the sorry 49ers, which padded our ego and did no help the next week, being shut out 36-0. But this time... even though the offensive output was so low, Tampa couldn't get over it. They nearly did, mind. We just need to get healthy (imagine that, id be confident then), and play to our game plan, get a lucky break and dont miss any field goals, a very important boost for the O. If we miss em, they get deflated, and it gest worse from their. Stay focussed.

At least we have confidence!!! A MAJOR factor. The only team that sacres me is the Colts and the Patriots!

Archived