Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Does Trent Dilfer Think About Skin's Chances

bubba9497

Washington has beaten Seattle once this season, but to do it again they'd obviouslty have to score some points with their injury-battered offense. I asked Trent Dilfer about it yesterday (Dilfer was in the press box in Cincy, working for The NFL Network), he thinks Washington's defense gives them a chance -- especially if Shawn Springs can play, allowing them to use their man-blitz packages while Springs locks down in one-on-one matchups. Dilfer says the Seahawks will slice up the Skins D if they have to use zone-blitzes

http://transcripts.usatoday.com/Chats/transcript.aspx?c=559

more from USA Today Jarrett Bell chat

norfolk va.: what do you thank is the out come of the redskins for this year?

Jarrett Bell: I think Washington's season ends at Seattle. Pat themselves on the back for a really good season -- and for keeping Gregg Williams in the house for next year. Lotta momentum for next year.

springfield, va: Jarrett-How do yo think the Redskinms match up with Seahawks. The game with Tampa Bay was not pretty, but the Redskins made plays when the had to. They have been doing it for six straight weeks.

Jarrett Bell: Six grueling weeks. I think they run out of gas in Seattle, against a fresh team. I love Washington's defense, and we all know they need more offense to win in the Pacific Northwest. But that offense is pretty battered, with Mark Brunell again playing on a gimpy knee and that gamer-of-a-running back, Clinton Portis, nursing some kind of shoulder condition. The Redskins had to suck it up just to get into the playoffs; I'm not sure if they can keep it rolling. But we do know the defense can make a big play or two, huh?

Washington, DC: This is just a comment. I am not a Redskin fan, yet 120 yards of total offense and they find a way to win. Giants get 154 yards of total offense and can't score. On any given Sunday strange things can happen.

Jarrett Bell: Turnovers, baby. Forced by your defense. That's the ticket when your offense is having a lousy day.

I hope we do have enough gas...Thrash's thumb, Portis' shoulder and Brunell's knee are worrying me....but...

I like the idea of our team going out on Thursday. More time to get focused.

Some Seattle players have had three full weeks off...though it sounds good, I think that's a bad move. That's almost a month off from game conditions...I'll bet they're sloppy early on.

"Jarrett Bell: Turnovers, baby. Forced by your defense. That's the ticket when your offense is having a lousy day."

See, this guy says that the defense causing turnovers made up for the fact that the offense was already having a lousy day. The defense did all this in the first Qtr before there was ever a chance for the offense to get going though and after the 14 points the defense gave us they pretty much just sat on the lead.

How do they know what the offense would have done if the Bucs had been the ones to score early? The offense played bad but they played knowing they had the lead and didn't want to do anything stupid.

"Jarrett Bell: Turnovers, baby. Forced by your defense. That's the ticket when your offense is having a lousy day."

See, this guy says that the defense causing turnovers made up for the fact that the offense was already having a lousy day. The defense did all this in the first Qtr before there was ever a chance for the offense to get going though and after the 14 points the defense gave us they pretty much just sat on the lead.

How do they know what the offense would have done if the Bucs had been the ones to score early? The offense played bad but they played knowing they had the lead and didn't want to do anything stupid.

that's a horrible mindset for the offense to have.

Archived