Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT: Goodbye baseball...?

JJredskins00

MarkPSkins,

I agree with most of what you said, However, my brother was a player for the Dodgers and White Sox for 6 years. He as well as most of these guys put in more time and effort than most of us will ever imagine. Having a 96 mph fast ball is not just a godgiven gift. It takes work. It is a business, an entertainment business just like a movie star. As long as people are willing to pay good money to watch, they will make the money. I am not saying I'm on the side of the players, I'm not on either side. They both suck. The players should have a salary cap and the owners should reduce ticket and food prices and make it more affordable. But as long as people go and watch, nothing will change. I have not watched a game or Baseball tonight since the all star break. That's just me. I know of tons of players on steroids and testing won't stop them. The way the game is played sucks now. I have coached High School baseball for 7 years and MLB makes ME sick. I just wish more people would turn it off and stop going.

Baseball is too slow and boring for our quick fix broadband connection world. I've always hated the sport. There are 162 games, so why does one even matter? Football is an EVENT. the 'Skins vs. 'Pokes (when both teams were 0-4) beat out the World Series last year. That tells you something right there.

Funny thing is, I thought baseball was experiencing a resurgance of sorts, starting with Sosa-McGwire, the Subway Series, Bonds, and one of the greatest World Series of all time.

You know what they say...Money is the root of all evil.

Archived