Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins' Taylor fined $17,000 for spitting

gibbsteam

I don't trust the bucs one bit. From the very first quarter, I noticed that the buc players were taking extra cheap shots at our guys at the bottom of the pile or after the play had ended obviously trying to intice our guys to draw a 15yd penalty. There was soooo much trash talking primarily due to the unfinished biz the skins felt they left in week 10. I expect the seahwaks to try to employ a similar tactics. They know they can't handle us man to man so they try to get our guys thrown out.

I hear ya, code, but I don't think it was a slimy throat hocker in this case, just some extraneous spray while jawing with Pittman.

You know, he may have been absent the day the "say it, don't spray it" theory was discussed at school.

;)

You make an excellent point, let me just clarify, if it was just a case of him "spraying" the other player while talking trash, then I'd totally agree that it was a non issue.

However, I doubt that was the case and I honestly doubt the ref would have tossed Taylor if that was the case.

My only point in all of this is that I'd be outraged if another player did that to a Redskin.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5233620

FOXSports.com has learned that the NFL will fine Redskins safety Sean Taylor $17,000 for spitting in the face of Buccaneers running back Michael Pittman during Saturday's playoff game against Tampa Bay.

The total equals the Redskins' playoff share for one week, meaning Taylor essentially played the game for free.

FINE for spitting in Pittman's face, $17,000,

Satifaction from spitting in Pittman's face (after he said he slept with ur momma)...PRICELESS!

:silly:

First let me say thank god for no suspension(not thanking tagliabue, he can suck it.) Next, my theory is that ST did a "taunt fake spit." I have done something like that before, ill admit it, someones trash talking and you make a spitting notion/noise just to say "yeah, thats what i think of you." It's stupid and shouldnt be done, but sh*t like that happens all the time in the NFL, its just a matter of getting caught. I would also agree that if someone spit in a skins player's face, I would not be happy. And as far as Pittman talking about it being different on the streets, your right michael, you wouldnt get spit in the face, youd get HIT in the face. ST isnt your wife buddy, you cant smack him around with no retaliation. I think Pittman should have been ejected as well. Last year Joey Porter spit in William Green's face in warm ups before a browns game, Willy was swinging and about ready to beat porters @$$, but it was broken up. They were both ejected and Joey Porter i beleive was fined. Thats what i believe should have happened here. But anyways, as long as ST is playing in Seattle, i dont care. HAIL VICTORY!!!

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold
This is awesome...Taylor is going to be PISSED about losing that money!! He's going to take it out on Alexander's ass!! If I were Shaun, I'd be having nightmares all week...

BINGO!!! Williams must be LOVING the fact that this happened because he can focus his attention on getting taylor to harness this anger ALL WEEK LONG.

Look out Shaun.

Archived