Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins' Taylor fined $17,000 for spitting

gibbsteam

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5233620

FOXSports.com has learned that the NFL will fine Redskins safety Sean Taylor $17,000 for spitting in the face of Buccaneers running back Michael Pittman during Saturday's playoff game against Tampa Bay.

The total equals the Redskins' playoff share for one week, meaning Taylor essentially played the game for free.

10. When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources, please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the origination page/site.

Please paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two) . Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Sign CB Shawn Springs). Please see our copyright statement:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131906

meaning Taylor essentially played the game for free.

that is one way to look at it. you could also say he paid 17K to get to spit in pittmans face...

i wonder how much simms is going to get fined for taunting? or their other idiot for pole dancing on a td that got called back?

I still say he didn't do it!

Stick to your story partner.....too bad #21 was already being investigated for spatting on Housh.....

ST just needs to grow up a little bit. Lord, please don't let ST end up a monumental waste of talent like Dexter.......

I believe that if Taylor did that, he should be fined. Although I really could not see it myself, but that is what has been handed down. However, I don't agree with letting Pittman go. I was completly baffled as to why he was not thrown out of the game along with ST and now he won't even be fined. The rules apply to all, even if he reacted in retaliation!

:helmet: :logo:

hahahaha, inflation is a *****. I'm still not sold on him spitting. You could see Romo sits to pee's spit, Pittman didn't even flinch back or anything.

Thats what I'm saying, he got spit on he sure didn't act like he did. Plus with the camera on the two the whole time I didn't see anything that looked like projectile saliva. But honestly, whatever, this just means Sean Taylor is going to be hitting harder than before.

The league has made its decision and Sean’s debt to the NFL society should now be paid. He missed half of the game and played the game for free. That's all the punishment he deserves. Now maybe he'll get pissed at the idea of playing a game for free and take his frustration out on the Seahawks.

Archived