Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins' Taylor fined $17,000 for spitting

gibbsteam

My only concern with the spitting incident is this... If someone were to spit on me or anyone for that fact, human nature would dictate that you immediately wipe it off then retaliate or vice-versa. I never once saw Pittman attampt to wipe anything off his face. How many of us would just let some spit just roll down your face? Not many!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5233620

FOXSports.com has learned that the NFL will fine Redskins safety Sean Taylor $17,000 for spitting in the face of Buccaneers running back Michael Pittman during Saturday's playoff game against Tampa Bay.

The total equals the Redskins' playoff share for one week, meaning Taylor essentially played the game for free.

Taylor, who was ejected over the incident Saturday, spit at Pittman as the two stood face-to-face after a 3-yard scramble by quarterback Chris Simms in the third quarter. Pittman hit Taylor in retaliation, but referee Mike Carey announced there would be no penalty on Pittman.

In the first half, Taylor scored on a 51-yard fumble return that gave the Redskins a 14-0 lead.

Taylor was investigated last season for spitting at Cincinnati receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh. The NFL carefully reviewed tapes to determine whether Taylor should be fined, but they found no video evidence to support the allegation.

In 1997, Broncos linebacker Bill Romanowski was fined $7,500 for spitting in the face of 49ers wide receiver J.J. Stokes

The last thing Sean Taylor needs is to be compared to Bill Romanowski. That's bad for everyone.

Taylor's actions are disgusting. I'm embarassed that he's a Redskin.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?...GET OVER YOURSELF????....EVERY ONE HAS DONE THINGS IN THEIR LIVES THEY ARE NOT PROUD OF...ITS NOT THE INCIDENT THAT MAKES YOU WHO YOU ARE...BUT HOW YOU HANDLE IT AFTERWARDS...WE WILL SEE HOW ALL THIS PANS OUT NEXT WEEK WHEN ST SHOWS UP TO PLAY AND RIP SOME MUFU*CKAS HEADS OFF!!!!

Guest skinsmatic
Hmm... countdown to the NAACP playing the race card over the difference in fines between Taylor and Romonowski in 3... 2... 1...

Hey why don't you go discuss with others from your ilk say at bob jones univerity dot com.

Maybe you can wack off while u discuss, how all those groups are troublemakers.

I hope they do, I like to see losers like you get mad. And then realize no cares if you don't like it or not. I'm sure the NAACP cares what people like you think.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?...GET OVER YOURSELF????....EVERY ONE HAS DONE THINGS IN THEIR LIVES THEY ARE NOT PROUD OF...ITS NOT THE INCIDENT THAT MAKES YOU WHO YOU ARE...BUT HOW YOU HANDLE IT AFTERWARDS...WE WILL SEE HOW ALL THIS PANS OUT NEXT WEEK WHEN ST SHOWS UP TO PLAY AND RIP SOME MUFU*CKAS HEADS OFF!!!!

Remember that when a player from another team spits on someone or does something else just as disgusting.

Rookie mistake. I think he just needs a couple of lessons from Dexter on the art of the "sneeze". The idea is to keep the ref out of the direct line of fire, then, get the flag going the other way for the retaliation.

Hard to get worked up over this. I have a feeling that a little spittle is the least of indignities a player is likely to suffer in 60 minutes of a hard fought game.

Taylor's actions are disgusting. I'm embarassed that he's a Redskin.

I hear ya, code, but I don't think it was a slimy throat hocker in this case, just some extraneous spray while jawing with Pittman.

You know, he may have been absent the day the "say it, don't spray it" theory was discussed at school.

;)

1) There's a thread on here where a Skins fan says he's got spit on TiVO. His opinion, at least, is that "spit happened". (He also says that, on his tape, the official is standing right there, and was looking right at it.)

(Me, personally, I'm changing my opinion from "we'll never know" to "yeah, he probably did it".)

2) If he did it, then the "Man" thing to do is to publicly say "Yes, I did it, I apologise, I lost my temper, blah blah blah." (Not deny it, as he at least was.)

3) Can the equipment office get him a mouth guard that attaches to his helmet with a screwdriver?

"Taylor was investigated last season for spitting at Cincinnati receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh. The NFL carefully reviewed tapes to determine whether Taylor should be fined, but they found no video evidence to support the allegation."

Hey, guess what NFL jack-holes? There wasn't any video evidence to support the allegation, er frame job, this time either! You take their guys' word against our guy's, and the ref damn sure wasn't paying attention, no matter how close he was standing.

Oh, and if a guy punches another guy RIGHT IN FRONT OF a cop, no matter what the first guy did, that second guy is going to jail. Why should the NFL be any different? A foul is a foul, retaliatory or not. Pittwoman should have been flagged for sure.

This whole thing is an absurd travesty of mockery of a sham of two mockeries, etc.

Get off #21.

Archived