Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who still wants to trade Lavar?

#98QBKiller

Um...he said he wouldn't re-work his contract...

Buh-bye.

Did he say this recently? Just before kickoff, Theisman stated very confidently that Lavar would be here next year. He said that Lavar told him that he really wants to be a Redskin next year. Not sure if Theisman was talking out of his ass, but it's been surprising that Lavar keeps saying that he wants to be a Redskin after all of this BS this season.

I have no trouble with LaVar..... if the cap stuff can be worked out.

But..... wasn't that a big third down when he blew offsides?

That stuff can turn the game the other way as much as his good plays

I'll give him a B- for today.

B-!!!!!!

You have to be joking. The guy had 10 tackles, 1 Int, and a forced fumble. He made game changing plays. Like my friend said "he had a Lawrence Taylor type game". Without that interception we might not have won the game. He set up the first score. He was disciplined enough to read and make a play. He made a mistake. Everyone did. But he made plays. That is what he suppose to do. We need to keep LA, that's the bottom line.

People, quit it! My God we have driven the subject into oblivion. Someone please lock this thread. There are many threads related to this subject. Please, please please start using them instead of starting new ones.

Don't get your panties in a wad there buddy...it's just a message board.

I wanted LaVar to be traded.

Unless he re-does his contract....I still want him to be traded.

Yes I have guts to come out and say it.

First off, he'll never be traded. No team is going to take on the years or terms of his deal. Second, if Joe Gibbs walks into his living room, and asks hm to renegotiate his contract, LaVar will be on the phone telling his agent to get to D.C. and set up a meeting with Vinnie and Danny and start renegotiating, it's as simple as that.

As great as Greg Williams is as a coach, you can't teach the type of talent LaVar has. He's finally bought into the coaching. Where other players are more comfortable this year, b/c it's there 2nd year in the system, it's LaVar's first, as he was hurt all last year. He will be a monster next year if he's back, and that decision will rely on one man, Joe Gibbs.

B-!!!!!!

You have to be joking. The guy had 10 tackles, 1 Int, and a forced fumble. He made game changing plays. Like my friend said "he had a Lawrence Taylor type game". Without that interception we might not have won the game. He set up the first score. He was disciplined enough to read and make a play. He made a mistake. Everyone did. But he made plays. That is what he suppose to do. We need to keep LA, that's the bottom line.

You said it. People can talk money all they want, but without Arrington the Redskins lose this game.

Lavar cannot be traded!!! He counts a ton against the cap next year! He is UNTRADEABLE!

The team has to cut him. Hopefully they can re-sign him at a more affordable price. May I remind you that this defense was better last year with Lemar Marshall playing weak-side. We lost Champ Bailey, Fred Smoot, and Antonio Pierce and our D still kicks ass.

I DO NOT want Arrington gone next year. But they cannot keep him at that price. That's the reality of the situation. There's no choice to be made.

Still wanna trade Lavar? 8 tackles, one interception (almost for a TD) and one forced fumble....WHEN IT COUNTS. Give him another year and let him get completely healthy. Lavar + Marcus + Lemar= Nasty LB Corps. He wants to stay a Redskin and he deserves it. If you don't think so, then complain about it some more...along with the Coles trade and Brunell getting the starting job...

Answer this straight, without excuses and without changing the subject:

Is Lavar worth the money he's going to be paid next year, including the roster bonus?

Is Lavar worth the money he's going to be paid next year, including the roster bonus?

Absolutely not. There's your straight answer.

Should we resign him if he's willing to renegotiate his contract? Absolutely.

I'm tired of hearing people say that we should just cut him or trade him and that he's not even worth renegotiating with. The man had a ridiculous knee injury that he's just now completely recovering from. It hindered his performance for at least two and a half seasons, but he's getting healthy now and wants to remain on this team.

So should we keep him if he's willing to renegotiate? I want a straight answer now....

I wouldn't mind if he got traded. But only if we got something substantial in return. Lavar still is a penalty waiting to happen and he is also good for missing a tackle or two. But as long as he is a Redskin he has my backing and wish him well.

Sorry but you didn't ask a straight question. Or answer the thread question with a straight answer as you dictate others should do.

Here is your non-straight answer to your non-straight question -

Was Brunell worth his? Was Samuels worth his? Was Portis worth his? Was Coles worth his? Was Jansen worth his? Was R.Thomas worth his? Was Trotter worth his?

You can decide either way you want, all I ask is you be evenhanded about it. And I don't see people doing that. People are taking exception to Arrington. As your question is doing.

Archived