Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP Coach of the Year - It's not a tie!!!

PCRoughrider

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2283709

Bears' Smith wins AP Coach award

If they aren't, then Dungy's Colts might be. Smith drew 24½ votes from a nationwide panel of 50 sports writers and broadcasters who cover the NFL. Dungy was next with 20½.

Also receiving votes were New England's Bill Belichick (2), and one each for Seattle's Mike Holmgren, Cincinnati's Lewis and the New York Giants' Tom Coughlin.

Anyone missing from this list?

How do you get 20 1/2 votes when your team was in the conference championship the year before? How does having a good team two years in a row make a coach worthy of Coach of the Year?

Look at the 2004 standings. There are thre coaches worthy of this award. Joe Gibbs, of course, Lovie Smith and Nick Saban. None of the other coaches that got votes should have gotten them because they started with more.

Yeah , let's get off Gibb's Balls... Marvin Lewis, Tony Dungy, and Lovie Smith all did better jobs.

No, there teams did.

where were those teams last season? Except the Bears, the others were already on their way up and did not have to overcome even half the adversity nor difficult schedules that the Skins and Gibbs did.

If its "on Gibbs Balls" to see these facts, then I'm smellin like fromunda cheese.

HAIL!!!

I have to say that Lovie Smith deserved to win even though Da Bears had a powder puff schedule.

Belichick got two votes? In a division with the Bills, Jets and Fins? Now THAT'S a joke. Must have been Bill Simmons (the Sports Guy) and Dan Shaughnessy doing their homer thing. I'd definitely go with Gibbs or even Coughlin over Belichick.

Archived